• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

The Religious Right / Evangelical Republicans = American Taliban

Comment

Breaking news: All GOP mistresses have been ordered to move out of Alabama immediately.

Comment

• Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
        Breaking news: All GOP mistresses have been ordered to move out of Alabama immediately.
        Law doesn't apply to sheep, so they're fine...
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          Law doesn't apply to sheep, so they're fine...
          All this talk about no exception for incest...how many babies in Alabama are not born of incest?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            All this talk about no exception for incest...how many babies in Alabama are not born of incest?
            Less than half...
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              As much as we like to joke, I suspect far more are born from teenage pregnancies.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                As much as we like to joke, I suspect far more are born from teenage pregnancies.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I don't even know what to call these anti-abortion people any more. I used to label them pro fetus. Now with some of these heartbeat bills, it's not even a fetus, it's an embryo.
                  Clearly the people promoting these laws are not pro life. I'm disgusted by the stats about where Alabama ranks in terms of education and childhood hunger. So glad the legislative bodies are focused on women's uterus and not the already living, breathing people in their states.

I want to keep up with the news, but hearing these laws getting passed, or even being up for a vote make me sick. I don't understand how anyone can put a potential life ahead of a current life. I also don't understand how people can push so hard for that potential life and then not care about it once it becomes a life (the same political party that pushes for this also wants to limit access to healthcare, foodstamps, education funding, etc.) It's beyond disgusting.

I also would like to pass a law that every man who votes for these anti-abortion bills be subjected to getting kicked in the groin every 10 minutes for a period of at least 2 hours. Clearly they will never feel labor pain, but I think this should suffice.
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

this is what gets mookie every time.... only give a turkey until they pop out, then who cares?
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Missouri now has one too; after 8 weeks.

Great. Roe is now up to Justice Natty Light.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        Missouri now has one too; after 8 weeks.

Great. Roe is now up to Justice Natty Light.
                        It's up to Roberts.

In the tank for the nutbars: Thomas, Alito, Kavanaugh
                        Probable scum: Gorsuch
                        Hamlet: Roberts
                        Understand stare decisis: RBG, Breyer, Kagan, Sotomayer

My take on Roberts is he's there to serve the .01% and this doesn't help, so he'll uphold Roe and Casey but give the orcs another few chips out of it. Then we can be told we're being "hysterical."

That sound you hear is the last few educated white women leaving the Republican party. Money's not worth a lot if you are subject to theologically-dictated rape underwittten by the State.

We're finally down to the .01% + racists + fundies against the rest of America, the way it has always been trending since Saint Ronnie. It's nice to have reached clarity, anyway.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 05-16-2019, 10:14 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Best case scenario is for them to overturn Roe at this point. Cause if they don't they're for sure going to allow draconian restrictions that are the same thing and not suffer the consequences of a full overturn.
                          That's not the best case scenario unless you're "pro life".

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            That's not the best case scenario unless you're "pro life".
                            No, it is. Cause it will go back to the States (which is basically what we already have now) and the amount of Democrats being elected will be off the charts.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              No, it is. Cause it will go back to the States (which is basically what we already have now) and the amount of Democrats being elected will be off the charts.
                              The "Right to Lifers" will never be satisfied until their laws are the law of the entire US. This isn't about losing reproductive rights in the loser states. It's about the entire country. This is like slavery: it's either all them or all us. So let's stop being polite and make it all us. These people have been destroying America for too long. It's time to shut them down.

The GOP was wrong about almost everything but they were right to see this as an existential fight right from the beginning. You can't have fascism in some parts of the US. You can't have theocracy in some parts of the US. Either we stop them or they stop us.

These people's "culture" is Christian (sic) Wahhabism.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 05-16-2019, 10:21 AM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                The "Right to Lifers" will never be satisfied until their laws are the law of the entire US. This isn't about losing reproductive rights in the loser states. It's about the entire country. This is like slavery: it's either all them or all us. So let's stop being polite and make it all us. These people have been destroying America for too long. It's time to shut them down.

The GOP was wrong about almost everything but they were right to see this as an existential fight right from the beginning. You can't have fascism in some parts of the US. You can't have theocracy in some parts of the US. Either we stop them or they stop us.

These people's "culture" is Christian Wahhabism.
                                Right. And to do that they need Roe overturned (step 1) and then a law passed and signed (step 2). Won't happen if Roe gets overturned. They'll lose the Presidency forever when that happens.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X