Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    well B S. Three times over. i'm, not buying that a zygote is a person. and fyi if pp get's defunded, they will never have so much money, just look at some of the other organizations that since the election are rolling in it.
    You (and a whole bunch) aren't and me (and a whole bunch) are. There lies the fundamental difference and the great, uncompromising divide.

    One of us is right and the other is wrong. Until we can somehow understand the soul we'll never know which side is correct.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

    ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

    Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

    I want to live forever. So far, so good.

    Comment


    • Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

      Originally posted by joecct View Post
      You (and a whole bunch) aren't and me (and a whole bunch) are. There lies the fundamental difference and the great, uncompromising divide.

      One of us is right and the other is wrong. Until we can somehow understand the soul we'll never know which side is correct.
      So, we have to understand something that doesn't exist scientifically to understand something scientific?

      Just more proof science is dead.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

      Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

      Comment


      • Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

        Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Where do Republicans put most of their energy? Anti-abortion, cutting education funding, getting rid of programs to help the poor, and boosting defense funding.

        Yeah, live babies to be dead soldiers.
        You forgot anti-environmental legislation.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.



        Arenas visited:
        7 B1G
        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
        2 Alaskan

        Comment


        • Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          So, we have to understand something that doesn't exist scientifically to understand something scientific?
          But what does that mean? Personally I am cautious on that specific line of argument because it seems to follow discarding all things unproven, which isn't a terribly scientific approach, as to me, it would preclude many of the great leaps forward in scientific thought. It is difficult to deny in an argument that there are all sorts of things science hadn't shown to exist in the past, but now has. Many of them quite surprising. Quantum entanglement is bizarre, for example. Science is a long ways from explaining just how the universe works and many possible theories exist, a lot of them pretty wild...
          Here lies the spot where a fake story was linked to.
          Of course it's also entirely possible none of you exist and I am simply talking to myself, or vice versa, which sort of renders the whole point moot.
          Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 11-17-2016, 11:38 AM.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

          Comment


          • Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

            Hawking has been so anti-ID and deeply atheist, I'm not sure what caused his change of mind. Science has explanations for what happens in the brain after we die. The electrochemical processes that take place can cause us to see things in our mind. He knows this.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

            Comment


            • Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

              I don't know the full story of this, but given the source I am willing to bet this is cherry-picked, distorted, and wildly taken out of context.

              And with two minutes research... yeah.

              However the rumours are entirely false. There have been no verified reports that Stephen Hawking has made any claims. In fact in 2014 Hawking has announced that he is an atheist, and he does not believe in any god or “god-like force”.

              The story seems to have first appeared on World News Daily Report which is a popular fake news website which deals exclusively with starting rumours such as this.
              To be fair, it's not distorted. It's just made up.

              You've been pwned by a fake news site.

              ID is so spectacularly rationally bankrupt and intellectually insincere that nobody with two brain cells to rub together falls for it.

              Jesus, at least Area 51 cranks have a plausible hypothesis.
              Last edited by Kepler; 11-17-2016, 10:39 AM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

              Comment


              • Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

                Check again, I'm pretty sure that's a fake news site. Other headlines are suspect.

                Comment


                • Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

                  Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Hawking has been so anti-ID and deeply atheist, I'm not sure what caused his change of mind. Science has explanations for what happens in the brain after we die. The electrochemical processes that take place can cause us to see things in our mind. He knows this.
                  See below (above?). It's a fake news story that somebody here fell for.

                  Neurologists have fully explained the "light and the tunnel" phenomenon, just as they've explained that if you fast long enough you don't see God, you hallucinate because your brain is freaking out.

                  I wish theists were strong enough in their belief in the supernatural not to lie about this stuff. The whole point of the supernatural is the super part. God is a really cool human concept: something that is outside of time, space, and causality. That means God doesn't even interract with the natural world, otherwise He would be inside it. So next comes the invention of Christ -- God's drone in the natural world.

                  That's a beautiful and interesting hunk of human art. Don't gum it up with all this tawdry garbage and pseudo-scientific goo. Keep the mass in Latin and keep God in Heaven, you nincompoops.

                  It's a sad day when it takes an atheist to tell the theists that they're missing the whole f-cking ontology of their religion.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 11-17-2016, 10:46 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                  Comment


                  • Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

                    Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                    If Republicans put any actual energy into opposing abortion, it would be illegal. 33 Governorships, 67 (of 98) state legislature houses, and both chambers of Congress.
                    Not really though, because the supreme court has already ruled on this... The Republicans just chip away at it... laws requiring unnecessary vaginal ultrasounds, unnecessary hospital admitting privileges etc etc, you can see where their motivations lie.

                    Comment


                    • Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

                      Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                      You've been pwned by a fake news site.

                      Thanks. Yikes. How does this stuff make it to the top of search results? I just was looking up some sciency stuff on quantum mechanics and that was in the results so I added as a surprising afterthought. It only even seemed somewhat feasible because Hawking has changed his mind on other things from time to time. mea culpa.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

                      Comment


                      • Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

                        Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                        Thanks. Yikes. How does this stuff make it to the top of search results? I just was looking up some sciency stuff on quantum mechanics and that was in the results so I added as a surprising afterthought. It only even seemed somewhat feasible because Hawking has changed his mind on other things from time to time. mea culpa.
                        Don't sweat it, we have all been there.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                        Comment


                        • Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

                          https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...043_story.html

                          Indiana lawmaker proposes state abortion ban. So there it is. If this bill passes, this will be the big challenge to Roe v. Wade.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                          Comment


                          • Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

                            Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...043_story.html

                            Indiana lawmaker proposes state abortion ban. So there it is. If this bill passes, this will be the big challenge to Roe v. Wade.
                            Awesome.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                            Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Awesome.
                              Still won't go anywhere until Kennedy, RBG, or Breyer leaves.

                              Roe is definitely safe until then, and potentially past then since I'd wager even Roberts would blanch at a blanket repeal.

                              The only solid votes for repealing are Thomas and Alito, and presumably Trump's replacement for Scalia.

                              Comment


                              • Re: The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Abortion Thread

                                Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                You (and a whole bunch) aren't and me (and a whole bunch) are. There lies the fundamental difference and the great, uncompromising divide.

                                One of us is right and the other is wrong. Until we can somehow understand the soul we'll never know which side is correct.
                                I don't look at it quite that way. I think the only person who knows for sure is God and since nobody here is him/her I think it's very presumptuous to think we are By assuming we know the answer and shoving our version of religion onto someone else.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

                                It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X