X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global War on Terror Version 6 - Perpetual Motion Machine

and it never stops
    http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/world/2014/11/10/suicide-bomber-kills-students-nigeria/WcpxzLgAPwr9mfXHMVBbII/story.html
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: Global War on Terror Version 6 - Perpetual Motion Machine

Perfect title.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Subscribed because there's a drone outside my house.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The Surge was a failure. And now it's Obama's fault.

You cannot make this stuff up.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Subscribed because there's a drone outside my house.
          The chemtrails, dx! The chemtrails!

Comment

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALIENS!!!!!!!
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              WAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALIENS!!!!!!!
              Look again. Your neighbor just got a delivery from Amazon.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuUUUUUULLUMINATTI
                Code:

Comment

Is it just me or does China's new J-31 stealth fighter looks suspiciously like the US's F-35?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0IV0WY20141111
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    Is it just me or does China's new J-31 stealth fighter looks suspiciously like the US's F-35?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0IV0WY20141111
                    That's how it works when the US manages to get a bunch of technology stolen. China has openly bragged about it.
                    I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

If we ever decide that a Presidential candidate "must have" certain pre-requisites on his/her resume before we can be induced to vote for him/her, one pre-requisite that would be high on my list would be a basic level of competence in chess.

Chess started as a training exercise for generals and diplomats, on how to structure your resources while anticipating attacks from your opponents so that you also could prepare adequate defenses. I'm not sure about the statistics but I think that the plurality of outcomes at a high enough level is a draw, which is a perfectly fine outcome in many cases.

Anyway, so Russia invades another sovereign country and we respond by imposing economic sanctions. Let's say that the sanctions start to "bite." What kind of response might we anticipate?

For example, if sanctions are working, might that not increase the chances of a broader invasion, to gain control of more territory more quickly before the sanctions diminish your abilities? Might effective sanctions drive Russia to shore up an alliance with an otherwise-natural, historical enemy? and so if Russia engages in either of these actions, which one might anticipate if one actually had the capacity for forethought, what would our response be, given that we've already had a chance to think it through and have several ready on a contingency basis, just in case?

If your opponent is a skilled chess player and you are ignorant of the game, might it make sense to have a good chess player or two on your team and then, you know, actually listen to him/her from time to time?

"Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        If we ever decide that a Presidential candidate "must have" certain pre-requisites on his/her resume before we can be induced to vote for him/her, one pre-requisite that would be high on my list would be a basic level of competence in chess.

Chess started as a training exercise for generals and diplomats, on how to structure your resources while anticipating attacks from your opponents so that you also could prepare adequate defenses. I'm not sure about the statistics but I think that the plurality of outcomes at a high enough level is a draw, which is a perfectly fine outcome in many cases.

Anyway, so Russia invades another sovereign country and we respond by imposing economic sanctions. Let's say that the sanctions start to "bite." What kind of response might we anticipate?

For example, if sanctions are working, might that not increase the chances of a broader invasion, to gain control of more territory more quickly before the sanctions diminish your abilities? Might effective sanctions drive Russia to shore up an alliance with an otherwise-natural, historical enemy? and so if Russia engages in either of these actions, which one might anticipate if one actually had the capacity for forethought, what would our response be, given that we've already had a chance to think it through and have several ready on a contingency basis, just in case?

If your opponent is a skilled chess player and you are ignorant of the game, might it make sense to have a good chess player or two on your team and then, you know, actually listen to him/her from time to time?

Pacific 1940?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

I have no interest in playing Chess in the Middle East.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

This sounds like something out of a 1960's Bond movie, but it really happened.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              I have no interest in playing Chess in the Middle East.
                              I just have the Seinfeld episode where Kramer and Newman are playing risk running through my head.

Clearly the solution is to just knock over the board in a tantrum.

Comment

Working...
                              X