X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror Version 6 - Perpetual Motion Machine

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    John McCain explains why he committed treason.

"I sign lots of letters."
    No better description of our government has ever been made.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Death Panels? Seriously. That was debunked years ago. We keep more people alive longer than any other nation on earth. You are so clueless its beyond comprehension.
      Dude this is a guy who believes in the NWO...like he even knows what Communism is. His entire wardrobe is made of tinfoil
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Death panels REALLY make health care a right instead of a privilege. That's why the youngest and the oldest are told to just go and die. It's the exact same measures Hitler used in the Holocaust when trying to determine who was eligible for the labour camps.

Are you enjoying the taste of sand?
        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Death Panels? Seriously. That was debunked years ago. We keep more people alive longer than any other nation on earth. You are so clueless its beyond comprehension.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Hello?! It's because people were able to pay for keeping themselves alive. You should see the long waiting periods for operations in other countries, how they could come here and buy it because they knew they could get it.

Your curtain is wearing out.
        The death panel story was remarkable in the number of people who were uncomprehending and gullible enough to buy it. The legislation was structured to reward health providers who got their patients to complete advance directives (health care powers of attorney). Advance directives, as nearly everybody but Sarah Palin knows, are a simple way for people to maintain control of their own health care decisions when they become incapable of making those decisions themselves. So if a person has a stroke and cannot process medical information effectively, the health care provider will not just do what they want to do with the patient without regard to what family members are telling them. The person designated as the agent, usually a spouse or other family member, will be able to express the patient's wishes as directed by the document. The whole point of advance directives is to empower the individual, and they do that very effectively. They are a good thing from a personal freedom and control perspective. They should be very popular with the big gubmint haters.

But Sarah Palin is too stupid or ignorant to understand such a simple thing (or, more likely, smart in her understanding of how to scare old voters into her fold with lies and misdirection), so she jabbered on about "death panels." Childish lack of comprehension, and such a pity in that it related to something that is so good for the ordinary person.

Comment

Next Thread title - Global War on Terror Version 7 - It Blew Up in My Face
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Next Thread title - Global War on Terror Version 7 - It Blew Up in My Face
            How about:

Global War on Terror Version 7 - Careful Where You Point that Thing!
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              How about:

I think that's too long a title
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                The death panel story was remarkable in the number of people who were uncomprehending and gullible enough to buy it. The legislation was structured to reward health providers who got their patients to complete advance directives (health care powers of attorney). Advance directives, as nearly everybody but Sarah Palin knows, are a simple way for people to maintain control of their own health care decisions when they become incapable of making those decisions themselves. So if a person has a stroke and cannot process medical information effectively, the health care provider will not just do what they want to do with the patient without regard to what family members are telling them. The person designated as the agent, usually a spouse or other family member, will be able to express the patient's wishes as directed by the document. The whole point of advance directives is to empower the individual, and they do that very effectively. They are a good thing from a personal freedom and control perspective. They should be very popular with the big gubmint haters.
                Here is an interesting ramification of the death panel bs and the public misconception that accompanies it. A couple of years ago, the Wisconsin State Medical society was advocating hard to increase the exposure of advanced directives to the public for all of the great reasons you stated above. At the same time, we* were voting on the societies position on physician assisted suicide for the terminally ill. By all accounts, it would have passed easily on the personal opinion of physicians voting but the leadership (who personally supported it) did not want to muddle the message of their advanced directive campaign and thus it failed. It was one of my first direct interactions with politics at work...an odd world for sure.

*I was a student delegate at the time. We actually have the same power in voting as any society member and the student caucus is pretty powerful in Wisconsin (to the dismay of a few conservative physicians from the rural areas). We "liberal" students actually made the vote close and almost passed the resolution in spite of the leaderships opposition.
                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  How about:

Global War on Terror Version 7 - "I Said Across Her Nose, Not Up It!"

Comment

Win
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post

But Sarah Palin is too stupid or ignorant to understand such a simple thing (or, more likely, smart in her understanding of how to scare old voters into her fold with lies and misdirection), so she jabbered on about "death panels." Childish lack of comprehension, and such a pity in that it related to something that is so good for the ordinary person.
                      Death panels do exist, especially with transplants. Only so many organs are available, and so there has to be a decision on who is eligible to receive it, and not surprisingly enough, money is not the exclusive factor. Here's one case, and although this specific one was overturned, don't expect that to happen too often, especially with the impending consolidation of "providers" due to PPACA: http://www.hngn.com/articles/4486/20...transplant.htm

The argument has nothing to do with power of attorney. It entirely involves limited resources (whether organs, or money in the case of a single-payer system, such as Medicare, which BTW is a felony to fund another way if you are on Medicare) and corresponding access.

Comment

Death Panels do not exist.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/12/op...f=opinion&_r=0

It saddens me greatly that the Republicans (including the most sensible ones like Joe Scarborough) will do anything they can to further policies that will insure an eventual war with Iran.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                        X