X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror Version 6 - Perpetual Motion Machine

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
    Bwhahahaha. The article has one correct geographical fact, so the whole thing must be true?

You clearly have no clue how much material and command-and-control infrastructure it takes to launch an amphibious assault. How's that ISIS Navy looking these days?
    There are more weapons being used than the combat ones you're used to seeing. How about mental/emotional weapons through religion, as seen by the higher presence of Islam? Or did you forget what the first I in ISIS stood for? How about infiltration of government, with many areas in Europe now instituting Shariah law? How about another mass exodus of Jews back to Israel? There comes a time when coincidence is too small of a probability to stand on its own.

Will it happen in exactly two years? I don't know. At the rate things are going, will it happen within a generation? Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      There are more weapons being used than the combat ones you're used to seeing. How about mental/emotional weapons through religion, as seen by the higher presence of Islam? Or did you forget what the first I in ISIS stood for? How about infiltration of government, with many areas in Europe now instituting Shariah law? How about another mass exodus of Jews back to Israel? There comes a time when coincidence is too small of a probability to stand on its own.

Will it happen in exactly two years? I don't know. At the rate things are going, will it happen within a generation? Yes.
      ISIS will cause painful sores to appear on various parts of the body; it won't claim a limb.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        ISIS will cause painful sores to appear on various parts of the body; it won't claim a limb.
        It's already claimed a number of heads.

Comment

It's already claimed a number of heads.
          That it has.

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
            Bwhahahaha. The article has one correct geographical fact, so the whole thing must be true?

You clearly have no clue how much material and command-and-control infrastructure it takes to launch an amphibious assault. How's that ISIS Navy looking these days?
            who said anything about an amphibious assault? since when has AQ or ISIS fought conventionally? please read what I actually said again.

They're on the move, they've stated their goals and thusfar no-one anywhere has stopped them.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

How about infiltration of government, with many areas in Europe now instituting Shariah law?
              When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                who said anything about an amphibious assault? since when has AQ or ISIS fought conventionally? please read what I actually said again.

They're on the move, they've stated their goals and thusfar no-one anywhere has stopped them.
                Have faith, kind sir or madam. In the rural areas, there are still, as the Japanese put it during WWII, guns behind every blade of grass. Await in prepared patience, for when they come, they shall not pass.

Comment

After an epiphany, one sometimes wonders how one could have missed the obvious for so long....

Obama's foreign "policy" makes sense to me now. It seems very simple and direct: "we are not going to spend money overseas. I have delusions of grandeur domestic policy ambitions that are my highest priority, and I don't want to divert any money away from them to people outside the US, no matter how much they are suffering or how much danger 'down the road' the situation might bring. My highest priority is US domestic policy and everything else doesn't really matter too much to me one way or the other."

Were he merely to say so outright, I could accept that as a defensible point of view. However, his unwillingness to state his policy so clearly leads to what otherwise would seem mind-boggling denial of the obvious. I have little doubt that privately he does acknowledge that Islamic extremism is indeed a serious problem, but if he said so publicly then he'd face pressure to do something about it, and so it is "easier" from a political standpoint to pretend that "violent" extremists are not motivated by Islam.

Same thing with allowing Iran to develop a nuclear bomb. I have little doubt that privately he knows that Iran will not stop until they have one, but for him to acknowledge that publicly, he knows he'd then have to do something to stop them, and so he pretends that it's not a problem. After all, he'll be out of office in two years, so why let overseas problems distract him from his domestic priorities? his successor can just deal with the situation then, meanwhile he has more important things to do.

As I said, such a viewpoint does not bother me in itself, it is merely the obfuscation and pretense surrounding it that is frustrating.
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                    I don't like Obama.
                    Brevity is the soul of wit.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

In retrospect, historians will probably say that by now, World War III has already started.
                      -- in Europe, with Russia "annexing" Crimea and sending ground troops into eastern Ukraine
                      -- in the Middle East, with Iran sending special forces troops and weapons into Syria, Iraq, Gaza, Lebanon, and Yemen

It will be interesting to see how China responds. On one hand, you'd think they'd like to supplant the US as the world's major superpower, on the other hand, if the US gets too weak, then it won't keep buying Chinese goods and their economy will stagnate. They are both hard-headed business people and long-term realpolitik strategists, which side of that split personality will eventually take the upper hand?

When we are attacked, refusing to fight back does not mean that we are avoiding war, we are merely delaying it.
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

How else are they going to get straight from Libya to Italy (perhaps by way of Cyprus)? Because if you think they're going to get to France and/or Spain in 2 years by going the land route through Turkey and the Balkans and Germany and the Alps, then you're really nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          How else are they going to get straight from Libya to Italy (perhaps by way of Cyprus)? Because if you think they're going to get to France and/or Spain in 2 years by going the land route through Turkey and the Balkans and Germany and the Alps, then you're really nuts.
                          Ever heard of a Trojan horse? The "religion of peace" has already been welcomed with open arms, and the devout are infiltrating governments around the world. Heck, they've already infiltrated the USA, according to a "retired" Navy Admiral. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vZg_DJtc0w

The nations are being gathered, and will soon attack Israel, as subtlely referenced by Obama's usage of "ISIL" (Islamic State of Iraq and Levant) instead of "ISIS" (Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham).

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                            In retrospect, historians will probably say that by now, World War III has already started.
                            -- in the Middle East, with Iran sending special forces troops and weapons into Syria, Iraq, Gaza, Lebanon, and Yemen
                            You're kind of forgetting America's role in getting the whole thing started...

And wasn't "World War III" the Cold War, so this would be World War IV? Pretty soon we'll have as many world wars as Super Bowls!

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Ever heard of a Trojan horse? The "religion of peace" has already been welcomed with open arms, and the devout are infiltrating governments around the world. Heck, they've already infiltrated the USA, according to a "retired" Navy Admiral. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vZg_DJtc0w

The nations are being gathered, and will soon attack Israel, as subtlely referenced by Obama's usage of "ISIL" (Islamic State of Iraq and Levant) instead of "ISIS" (Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham).
                              Nope, there's no crazy being peddled here at all. [/sarcasm]

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                Nope, there's no crazy being peddled here at all. [/sarcasm]
                                I haven't checked in with Megyn Kelly lately (don't you judge me), but it's probably nothing compared to what Ailes and Murdoch cramming into their lemmings' ears.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X