X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror Version 6 - Perpetual Motion Machine

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I think some in power are quite rational and are just using Wahhabism or other radical ideologies to deflect criticism towards an "other." Israel was Allah's gift to totalitarian Arab regimes, for instance.

I disagree with you that having an all-consuming belief system is not inherently dangerous. If a person has only one* yardstick that he uses to measure everything, whether it's religion, Marxism, the free market, or furry videos, he's going to be making a lot of really bad judgments and poor decisions.

* Cornell hockey is of course an exception
    All depends on the yardstick you're using. If it's the best yardstick around, diversifying to other lesser yardsticks will inherently make your measurement less accurate.

Certainly there are savvy players in the Muslim world who work things to their advantage, but doing so can contribute to expressions of Islam that don't cast it in a very favorable light.
    Originally posted by Priceless
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
    Very well, said.
    Originally posted by Rover
    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      sure I won't let the internet forum door hit me douchnozzle
      Add to Reputation: solovsfett
      Very well, said.
      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
        All depends on the yardstick you're using. If it's the best yardstick around, diversifying to other lesser yardsticks will inherently make your measurement less accurate.
        Therein is the difference. I do not believe there is any One True Yardstick.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Therein is the difference. I do not believe there is any One True Yardstick.
          That is a significant difference, no question.
          Very well, said.
          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            sure I won't let the internet forum door hit me douchnozzle
            So you're taking a cue from the Bob Gray school of argument whereby you claim you're leaving and then don't? Good to know. Since you combine that with the craziness of flaggy, you've got entertainment written all over your posts.

Surely you aren't seriously saying ISIS will have a d-day like foothold in western Europe by this time in 2017. You're not actually saying that's a real possibility, are you?

Comment

Certainly there are savvy players in the Muslim world who work things to their advantage, but doing so can contribute to expressions of Islam that don't cast it in a very favorable light.
              That's for sure, and for the Saudis in particular there is now a heckuva case of buyer's remorse, similar to our fostering of radical Islam in Afghanistan to torment Ivan. When you stir up a hornet's nest on your neighbor's property, don't be surprised if you get stung too.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                So you're taking a cue from the Bob Gray school of argument whereby you claim you're leaving and then don't? Good to know. Since you combine that with the craziness of flaggy, you've got entertainment written all over your posts.

Surely you aren't seriously saying ISIS will have a d-day like foothold in western Europe by this time in 2017. You're not actually saying that's a real possibility, are you?
                If you look at how Jews are persecuted in Europe today, they practically already do.

Comment

I see unofan's obsession with me continues. He apparently doesn't know that there is a sizable and growing Muslim population already in Europe and European governments are extremely concerned with folks from their Muslim communities going to fight for ISIS and then coming back, amongst other concerns.
                  Very well, said.
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    If you look at how Jews are persecuted in Europe today, they practically already do.
                    Clock is still running on your prediction that Obama would declare martial law and become dictator for life. Not looking good for you on that one.

Comment

I see unofan's obsession with me continues. He apparently doesn't know that there is a sizable and growing Muslim population already in Europe and European governments are extremely concerned with folks from their Muslim communities going to fight for ISIS and then coming back, amongst other concerns.
                      Jews are also moving back to Israel. Unlike sheeple in this country, they've learned from the Holocaust, which I'm sure the loonies on here are going to say didn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Jews are also moving back to Israel. Unlike sheeple in this country, they've learned from the Holocaust, which I'm sure the loonies on here are going to say didn't exist.
                        Yah, stuff like that mass desecration of Jewish graves that just happened in France doesn't send a very positive message. Or that guy who recently walked around Paris for a day, with his Jewish garb on and secretly recorded how people acted toward him (pretty negative). But, hey, these are the same Europeans who think Putin might actually honor a ceasefire in Ukraine, despite rebels capturing a key city well after the ceasefire was supposed to be in place.
                        Very well, said.
                        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

So now Bob and Flaggy are BFFs? This takes awesome to a whole new level!
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            An armistice is not a peace.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Handy's imagination is always in overdrive.
                              Very well, said.
                              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                I can either be your biggest detractor or your most staunch defender. That onus is entirely upon the other person. I do not hold grudges, nor do I cast immunities.

Comment

Working...
                                X