X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror Version 6 - Perpetual Motion Machine

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Pentagon says Putin has Asperger's.

For some reason the script that is used for the link box keeps freezing my browser, so I'll just have to post it in HTML form.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...agon/22855927/
    Is anybody questioning whether the reporting is misquoting the Pentagon and they were actually calling him an assburger?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      No reason he can't be both.

Putin's a classic "Strongman." Eastern Europe seems to really dig them. Their weather sucks and they're mostly poor. If Minnesota had a 200-year long depression, they'd wind up ruled by Putin.
      Right. Hitler (yeah, yeah, Godwin's Law) was a classic example. He most definitely was a megalomaniac who believed it was Germany's (and thus his) destiny to rule the world. He also happened to be a raving lunatic with several disorders which became worse as the Germans started losing the war. Good thing he was a loon. A competent man with that much power would be incredibly dangerous. Imagine if he had been smart enough to finish off the Brits before invading Russia and hadn't declared war on the United States after Pearl Harbor.

Comment

Putin's a classic "Strongman." Eastern Europe seems to really dig them. Their weather sucks and they're mostly poor.
        Russia may dig strongmen. Its better said that the rest of Eastern Europe is easily exploited by strongmen. Preference vs. victimization.

If Minnesota had a 200-year long depression, they'd wind up ruled by Putin.
        Interesting question about MN. At first, I'd figure with it being one of the most liberal states and among the least blindly patriotic today that didn't make sense. It has been one of the most successful states for its size. I guess who knows...W VA makes an interesting example.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          Russia may dig strongmen. Its better said that the rest of Eastern Europe is easily exploited by strongmen. Preference vs. victimization.

Interesting question about MN. At first, I'd figure with it being one of the most liberal states and among the least blindly patriotic today that didn't make sense. It has been one of the most successful states for its size. I guess who knows...W VA makes an interesting example.
          Russia needs a Czar. However they need to discard the Ivan the Terrible model in favor of Peter the Great (or Liz II).
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            Pentagon says Putin has Asperger's.

For some reason the script that is used for the link box keeps freezing my browser, so I'll just have to post it in HTML form.
            http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...agon/22855927/
            I'm surprised GW didn't catch that when he examined Putin's soul through his eyeballs or whatever.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              The region seems to fall pretty easily into the authoritarian, nationalist, "traditional values" bereznianka. The Belarussians have a guy who makes Putin look like Thoreau, and the right-"center" parties throughout the region run on the "no gays or feminists and we're not all that wild about the Jews now that you ask" platform (the far right parties aren't so subtle).
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                I'm surprised GW didn't catch that when he examined Putin's soul through his eyeballs or whatever.
                Asperger's is characterized by aberrant cognitive development. Dubya has natural immunity.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Asperger's is characterized by aberrant cognitive development. Dubya has natural immunity.
                  by "catch" I mean "discover." If you can see his soul in there, Asperger's should be hard to miss.
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                    by "catch" I mean "discover." If you can see his soul in there, Asperger's should be hard to miss.
                    It's a spectrum. High functioning aspys are indistinguishable from engineering students.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Putin has a soul?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Putin has a soul?
                        Not anymore. It's in a briefcase carried around by John Travolta and Samuel L Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Putin has a soul?
                          We're all God's children.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The region seems to fall pretty easily into the authoritarian, nationalist, "traditional values" bereznianka. The Belarussians have a guy who makes Putin look like Thoreau, and the right-"center" parties throughout the region run on the "no gays or feminists and we're not all that wild about the Jews now that you ask" platform (the far right parties aren't so subtle).
                            You don't even have to go all that far east. This is my favorite anti-immigrant ad that was plastered everywhere when I lived in Geneva:

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/image...lack-sheep.jpg

Think that would fly in Arizona? (you know, once they lightened the color of that one sheep just a little bit)
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                              You don't even have to go all that far east. This is my favorite anti-immigrant ad that was plastered everywhere when I lived in Geneva:

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/image...lack-sheep.jpg

Think that would fly in Arizona? (you know, once they lightened the color of that one sheep just a little bit)
                              Didn't the rural cantons try to outlaw mosques, too?

There are xenophobes everywhere, but for whatever reason right wing ideology is their ideal petri dish.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Didn't the rural cantons try to outlaw mosques, too?

There are xenophobes everywhere, but for whatever reason right wing ideology is their ideal petri dish.
                                Please. Just minarets, not mosques. We're not talking about 8th century barbarians, here!
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X