X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror Version 6 - Perpetual Motion Machine

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    I am a big pacifist. But there are cases where isolationism is the wrong choice.

I was one of the few people that I knew that was vehemently against Iraq before the war (only 27% were against at start). On the other hand, Putin has to be managed. There's a big difference between Saddam (as someone leading a small country, who was at the time doing nothing to nobody, and was no threat to any other country) and a Putin who shows traits more similar to Hitler with only a half step less power.

I'm not saying that war is the right course...but unless we're talking nuclear war, blanket anything is usually a bad policy. Continued situation management is the correct action.
    I'd be more focused on the enemies within. People are so worried about the Hitlers of the rest of the world that they don't notice the one that has slid under the radar domestically.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      I'd be more focused on the enemies within. People are so worried about the Hitlers of the rest of the world that they don't notice the one that has slid under the radar domestically.
      Who is the domestic Hitler?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        Gary Beach or Dick Shawn. You could even push for Henry Gibson.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Theocracy: always the life of the party.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If you read Flaggy's other posts, you should know by now that it's each and every police officer to wear the badge. Beat cop? Hitler. Murder detective? Hitler. Meter maid? Yup, that's Hitler, too.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              If you read Flaggy's other posts, you should know by now that it's each and every police officer to wear the badge. Beat cop? Hitler. Murder detective? Hitler. Meter maid? Yup, that's Hitler, too.
              Even Barn'?

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                Schutzstaffel is not Hitler, unless there was some sort of aura of extension.

Comment

ISIL kills a Jordanian pilot by burning him to death. Less than a day later, Jordan hangs 2 Al-Qaeda (one a woman terror bomber).

Geez, all we do is give them tenure.
                  Last edited by joecct; 02-03-2015, 10:26 PM.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Even Barn'?
                    The worst type of Hitler!
                    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Less than a day later, Jordan hangs 2 Al-Qaeda (one a woman terror bomber).

Geez, all we do is give them tenure.
                      Or a Fox News gig.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Mounties bust more Canadian jihadis
                        The RCMP say the latest Ottawa man arrested on terrorism charges is linked to five others already charged in a terrorist conspiracy, and was also involved in a major 2010 bust that brought down the ringleader of a local terror network.

Police arrested Awso Peshdary, 25, Tuesday and charged him with participating in terrorism and facilitating terrorist activity, alleging he financed efforts to send homegrown jihadists Syria to join the ranks of Islamic State fighters.
                        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          ISIL kills a Jordanian pilot by burning him to death. Less than a day later, Jordan hangs 2 Al-Qaeda (one a woman terror bomber).
                          To communicate with some folks you need to speak a common language.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

No matter what you feel about the candidate, this is a great ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Cmac71R5Br8
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

So just when I thought it couldn't hit a new low, Fox News has decided to post the ISIS video of the killing if the Jordanian pilot on its website. Because that's just good old fashioned clickbait.

No, I will not post the link to it. If you feel the need to watch a snuff film, find it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                So just when I thought it couldn't hit a new low, Fox News has decided to post the ISIS video of the killing if the Jordanian pilot on its website. Because that's just good old fashioned clickbait.

No, I will not post the link to it. If you feel the need to watch a snuff film, find it yourself.
                                More like war-baiting. http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/02...pilot-killing/

The key for the US is to not get any further involved. Yes, the actions of the Presidents of the 70's and 80's (helping Afghanistan and Iran against the USSR monetarily) made us "involved", but now is the time to be patient. Use our advantage of physical isolation, while they kill each other off.

Comment

Working...
                                X