X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror Version 6 - Perpetual Motion Machine

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Weren't the 9/11 hijackers from Yemen?
    Could be. But their "base" was Afghanistan.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      Weren't the 9/11 hijackers from Yemen?
      No, mostly Saudi's.

http://www.pensitoreview.com/2008/01...s-were-saudis/

Fifteen of the 19 terrorists were from Saudi Arabia. Two were from the United Arab
      Emirates, one was from Lebanon, and one was from Egypt.

http://www.911memorial.org/faq-about-911
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Sure. Go for it.
        Religious zealots here try every year to determine what can and can't be published and/or read. These are the banned and challenged classics: ALA

If not for the rule of law - as interpreted by evil liberal activist Justices - those books would be banned. And without that legal protection, I'm sure the list would be a lot longer.

I have often said the Muslim world is about 500 years behind the west. It wasn't that long ago that we burned "witches" at the stake, tortured and massacred people who disagreed with us or stole the land on which we now live. Hell, we're still torturing and massacring. We have rule of law, well-structured society, first-world living conditions. They have...a lot of free time..

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          No, mostly Saudi's.

Fifteen of the 19 terrorists were from Saudi Arabia. Two were from the United Arab

To me that's the biggest issue. We're in bed with the Saudi's but we occupy and have a decade long war in Afghanistan and Iraq. And it wasn't until Obama that Bin Laden was killed. From that standpoint I'd say Afghanistan was mostly a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Even funnier is Christ wasn't a Christian, and would have not even given them the time of day.
            I often wonder what would have happened if Jesus was sentenced to life in prison...

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              No, mostly Saudi's.

I thought they were all from Iraq!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                They have...a lot of free time..
                And no air conditioning.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I have often said the Muslim world is about 500 years behind the west.
                  Wow. We agree on something.

< runs to window to look for four ****ed-off guys on horseback coming over horizon >
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The difference between Christianity and Islam:

Christians tell this joke and laugh their heads off.

Change the joke's characters to Moses, Muhammed*, and Allah (as the old guy) and Islamists will cut your heads off.

*Yeah, yeah, it doesn't work exactly as Muhammed is a prophet, not the Son.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Sounds like both hostage situations have come to a fiery conclusion. Both brothers are dead and their hostage made it out alive. The other two are both dead some or all of the hostages were rescued.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        Wow. We agree on something.

< runs to window to look for four ****ed-off guys on horseback coming over horizon >
                        The question is whether they will evolve and establish the rule of law (rather than a 2000 year old book misinterpreted by crazies with a cause) and make the societal advances we have, or if they'll continue to live in relative squalor committing occasional terror attacks until the oil runs out and we turn the place into a glass factory.

Considering they occupy the cradle of civilization and had a thousand year (or more) head start on the rest of us, I won't hold my breath.
                        Last edited by Priceless; 01-09-2015, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Religious zealots here try every year to determine what can and can't be published and/or read. These are the banned and challenged classics: ALA

If not for the rule of law - as interpreted by evil liberal activist Justices - those books would be banned. And without that legal protection, I'm sure the list would be a lot longer.

I have often said the Muslim world is about 500 years behind the west. It wasn't that long ago that we burned "witches" at the stake, tortured and massacred people who disagreed with us or stole the land on which we now live. Hell, we're still torturing and massacring. We have rule of law, well-structured society, first-world living conditions. They have...a lot of free time..
                          I'm definitely not going to support the banning of books. It should be up to the teachers and parents in deciding what the curriculum should be. Not Jerry Falwell. If a parent is uncomfortable with a certain book, that can be dealt with on an individual basis.
                          Code:

Comment

Great work by the French to get this done without any hostages getting hurt. They did a heck of a job getting the targets and getting information.
                            Twitter: DanMountSports
                            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

The question is whether they will evolve and establish the rule of law (rather than a 2000 year old book misinterpreted by crazies with a cause) and make the societal advances we have, or if they'll continue to live in relative squalor committing occasional terror attacks until the oil runs out and we turn the place into a glass factory.

Considering they occupy the cradle of civilization and had a thousand year (or more) head start on the rest of us, I won't hold my breath.
                              Their crazies will implement their 1500 year old book as "rule of law" (sharia anyone?) or glass factory.

I have $20 on "glass factory". Actually I call that scenario "call Walmart" because the world's largest all-glass parking lot will have been created and what better to go next to a big parking lot than ...

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                                Great work by the French to get this done without any hostages getting hurt. They did a heck of a job getting the targets and getting information.
                                Well, two were killed at the Jewish supermarket before the raid by police and no word on how many were rescued during the raid. The BBC hasn't put out any confirmation yet. Are you seeing something else from another source?
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X