X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror Version 6 - Perpetual Motion Machine

So the US shot down flight mh 370
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...-30858077.html
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

My favorite quote :
      Mr Dugain asked how “in our technological world” a 63 metre-long object could disappear without a trace, suggesting there must have been a deliberate effort to hide evidence.
      What a moron.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        My favorite quote :

What a moron.
        The absence of evidence is the evidence.

This guy would make an outstanding Freeper or Dem Underground member.

Comment

An intriguing foreign policy idea: engage in talks with China and South Korea to unify North and South Korea into one country.

There are a lot of advantages for China (excerpted from article linked above):
          -- with North Korea's nuclear arsenal confiscated (by China), reduces the desire for South Korea and Japan to develop nuclear weapons as a deterrent against NK.
          -- with unification, no reason to maintain so many US troops in South Korea
          -- South Korea is a major trading partner with China, enhancing SK stability helps China economically
          -- NK has become a giant pain in the arse for China, both as a source of refugees and a source of major concern (if NK tries to nuke a US ally, then what? that's no good for China).
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

It would be great, but the trick is making it worth the CPC's while. NK is a pain but it's also useful for scaring SK and Japan, and the division of NK and SK is like the division of Germany for the Russians -- keep your rivals divided. A unified Korea, with a Japan-like plutocratic democracy, seems like it would risk further drawing Taiwan into the orbit of East Asian power economies.

It can't be comfortable having that lunatic asylum right on your border, though, and if China has been about anything for the last 5000 years it's stability. And maybe the CPC will calculate that having to absorb NK's impoverished millions will seriously compromise the prosperity of SK.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly, herps gotta derp.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If true, absolving North Korea of blame in the Sony fiasco would actually answer a lot of questions. The disgruntled former employee theory makes more sense IMO.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Some old favorites from 2014. Soon to be replaced by new idiocies in 2015. Something to look forward to.
                  Cornell University

Comment

12 killed in an attack on a Paris newspaper known for jabbing at ISIS.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      12 killed in an attack on a Paris newspaper known for jabbing at ISIS.
                      BBC coverage: http://m.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30710883?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

WaPo does not use the I word in its coverage.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

It really is amazing how much violence in the world happens because people are unable to take a joke. Not just Muslim extremists, mind you (although that particular clique seems to be more sensitive than others), but humanity in general.

Clearly humanity failed in its early history. Just imagine how much more pleasant our evolution would have been if early cavemen required each other to have a good sense of humor before they were allowed to hold a club.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          WaPo does not use the I word in its coverage.
                          I see you and raise you the "T word":

White House Unsure Whether Murderous Rampage in France Is 'Terrorism'
                          'If based on this investigation it turns out to be an act of terrorism, then we would condemn that in the strongest possible terms, too'
                          http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...sm_823285.html
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            Clearly humanity failed in its early history. Just imagine how much more pleasant our evolution would have been if early cavemen required each other to have a good sense of humor before they were allowed to hold a club.
                            Robin Williams does a bit where he was on a show in Germany and the hostess asked him "Why do you suppose Germans don't have a sense of humor?" 'Did you ever think it might be because you killed all the funny people?'

I think most of the people with a sense of humor probably got clubbed by those who didn't. We didn't evolve a whole lot differently...if it weren't for the rule of law, how long ago would Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert been clubbed to death?

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              I see you and raise you the "T word":

White House Unsure Whether Murderous Rampage in France Is 'Terrorism'
                              'If based on this investigation it turns out to be an act of terrorism, then we would condemn that in the strongest possible terms, too'
                              http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...sm_823285.html
                              My goodness! They aren't jumping to conclusions? What the hell is wrong with them? We have to invade Iraq at once!

Comment

I'm curious, if this really was the work of, say, a disgruntled former employee, why would we not be allowed to call that "terrorism"? Does the phrase "domestic terrorism" have some connotation that makes it unusable any more? And remember "environmental terrorism"? Do they have to be Islamic to be real terrorists?
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X