X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Global War on Terror Version 6 - Perpetual Motion Machine

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Ok?

The original link you posted said it was ISIS.
    Was the first link I found that had it. Inaccuracy is the only accurate thing in the media today.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Live stream
      http://www.9news.com.au/National/201...s-Martin-Place

From the Channel 9 streaming page:
      Hostages inside the cafe have been forced to hold what appears to be an Islamic flag, identified as a Shahada flag, in the cafe's window reading "no god worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad is his messenger".

The flag is used by the group Jabhat al-Nusra - which preaches jihad and has links to terror groups ISIS and Al Qaeda.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...4HABsijKm6Y.99
      Last edited by joecct; 12-14-2014, 10:52 PM.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Apparently one of his demands is that he wants the ISIS flag brought to the cafe.

I know this isn't a laughing matter, but I thought that was funny.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

After the flash-bangs and the shooting, the TV announcer says 'There hasn't been a peaceful ending to this situation.' 2 reported dead and others seriously injured.
          Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
            After the flash-bangs and the shooting, the TV announcer says 'There hasn't been a peaceful ending to this situation.' 2 reported dead and others seriously injured.
            Confirming 2 dead they say. One is the gunman, the other is a hostage killed by the gunman.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Apparently one of his demands is that he wants the ISIS flag brought to the cafe.

I know this isn't a laughing matter, but I thought that was funny.
              He's such a devoted follower that he forgot to bring his own flag.

Do you have a flag?
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

2 hostages (male & female) plus the gunman are dead.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

And the Perpetual Motion Machine keeps rolling. ..
                  120+ dead in a Taliban attack on a Pakistani school. Most of the dead appear to be school kids.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Really good story on the Beeb about the rise of radical political parties in Europe. They covered radical right groups in Sweden and France and the wackadoodle world of Greek politics where the top two parties are now a neo-Nazi party and a radical left party.

Only a matter of time until some of these nutbars come to power and then GWOT will be a little less Akbar and a little more Breivik.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Really good story on the Beeb about the rise of radical political parties in Europe. They covered radical right groups in Sweden and France and the wackadoodle world of Greek politics where the top two parties are now a neo-Nazi party and a radical left party.

Only a matter of time until some of these nutbars come to power and then GWOT will be a little less Akbar and a little more Breivik.
                      Pat has some thoughts on the same subject. He approached it a bit differently

http://m.townhall.com/columnists/patbuchanan/2014/12/16/the-rise-of-putinism-n1932255
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Re: Global War on Terror Version 6 - Perpetual Motion Machine

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

These wingnut movements happen in Europe every time they have an entire generation of impressionable, disaffected, underemployed young people who give them power. See: 1780s France, Weimar-era Germany, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Pat has some thoughts on the same subject. He approached it a bit differently

http://m.townhall.com/columnists/pat...inism-n1932255
                          Funny he never mentions immigration. Getting people crazy over immigration is the mother's milk of these neo-fascist movements in Europe. It's also the single piano note that Pat mashes again and again and again. Wonder why he doesn't draw the parallel...
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Fundamentalist, nationalist movements in Europe? Interesting, but ...

I heard today that Fiat (Italian company) now owns both CaseIH and Chrysler.

As I roll along on Firestone tires (Japanese owned) past a 7-11 (Japanese owned) and a Trader Joe's (German owned), I realize I may need some Alka-Seltzer (German owned) and Dial soap (German owned) back home, and I ask myself, "Who won World War II?"

http://economyincrisis.org/content/m...oreign-control
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              Fundamentalist, nationalist movements in Europe? Interesting, but ...

I heard today that Fiat (Italian company) now owns both CaseIH and Chrysler.

As I roll along on Firestone tires (Japanese owned) past a 7-11 (Japanese owned) and a Trader Joe's (German owned), I realize I may need some Alka-Seltzer (German owned) and Dial soap (German owned) back home, and I ask myself, "Who won World War II?"

http://economyincrisis.org/content/m...oreign-control
                              What practical difference does it make if the profits go to the zaibatsu rather than Warren Buffett? The world is so interconnected that they'd both make the same decisions regarding plant locations, employment, and the like anyway.

American made is far more important than American owned.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                These wingnut movements happen in Europe every time they have an entire generation of impressionable, disaffected, underemployed young people who give them power. See: 1780s France, Weimar-era Germany, etc.
                                Young, uneducated, unemployed males. Doesn't matter if they're from Mecca, Munich, or Mississippi -- it's always the same dolts.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X