• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror Version 6 - Perpetual Motion Machine

Stay classy, Houston.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Houston has nothing to do with it. The jerky poster isn't and never was a Houston fire fighter. And you want to condemn a city of several millions because of the ignorant words of one person? Too bad your exquisitely tuned sense of outrage didn't register a peep when ISIS beheaded a couple of dozen guys just because they're Christian. What, exactly, does it take to get your t*ts in an uproar about Islamist savagery?

BTW, is it true what I've read that the shooter in North Carolina is a fan of Ms. Maddow's and not a "fundy"? Kinda alters your reflexive chest beating, doesn't it?
      Last edited by Old Pio; 02-16-2015, 05:01 PM.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
        Houston has nothing to do with it. The jerky poster isn't and never was a Houston fire fighter. And you want to condemn a city of several millions because of the ignorant words of one person? Too bad your exquisitely tuned sense of outrage didn't register a peep when ISIS beheaded a couple of dozen guys just because they're Christian. What, exactly, does it take to get your t*ts in an uproar about Islamist savagery?
        They have to wear Harvard colors.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post

BTW, is it true what I've read that the shooter in North Carolina is a fan of Ms. Maddow's and not a "fundy"? Kinda alters your reflexive chest beating, doesn't it?
          He'd probably claim those Christians are greatly exaggerating the extent of their beheading and it's all Bush's fault anyway, or some such blather. You know, the usual Obama party line.
          Originally posted by Priceless
          Good to see you're so reasonable.
          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
          Very well, said.
          Originally posted by Rover
          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
            He'd probably claim those Christians are greatly exaggerating the extent of their beheading and it's all Bush's fault anyway, or some such blather. You know, the usual Obama party line.
            They STILL blaming Bush?

Comment

Do those morons even know what the first I in ISIS stands for? http://nypost.com/2015/02/17/islamic...rorism-summit/

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Do those morons even know what the first I in ISIS stands for? http://nypost.com/2015/02/17/islamic...rorism-summit/
                "Junior Varsity"

Comment

absolutely terrifying stuff: http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...rom-libya.html

If no-one (read: U.S., UK, Germany, Australia) stands up to ISIS militarily (meaning boots on the ground, not video game pilots) they'll carve their way up to France or Spain within 2 years.
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    absolutely terrifying stuff: http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...rom-libya.html

If no-one (read: U.S., UK, Germany, Australia) stands up to ISIS militarily (meaning boots on the ground, not video game pilots) they'll carve their way up to France or Spain within 2 years.
                    Forgive me, but where is the French or Spanish military / police force? Are they going to sit on their keesters and get overrun?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

You know. I'm really glad I only run into batshiat like this online and very occasionally at work. I don't think I could handle dealing with it daily from my neighbors or co workers.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        You know. I'm really glad I only run into batshiat like this online and very occasionally at work. I don't think I could handle dealing with it daily from my neighbors or co workers.
                        ok, where is their advance being halted and by whom?
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          If you want to isolate Islamic crazies from wider Islamic world, the way to do it is to concentrate on the crazy part (which is, after all, the problem). Compare the Neo-Nazi "Christian Identity" movement. Ya think it would be smart to concentrate on the "Christian" part?

The NY Post is tub-thumping for idiots. You're not an idiot; you shouldn't fall for it.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Is there much difference between the "Christian" part and the "Crazy" part? Look at what happened in Chapel Hill with that right-wing nutjob killing the three Muslim doctors and the Muslim student at University of Texas who was assaulted in a religiously-motivated incident. Where are the Christian leaders proclaiming their support for Muslims?
                            1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
                              Is there much difference between the "Christian" part and the "Crazy" part? Look at what happened in Chapel Hill with that right-wing nutjob killing the three Muslim doctors and the Muslim student at University of Texas who was assaulted in a religiously-motivated incident. Where are the Christian leaders proclaiming their support for Muslims?
                              The nut job at UNC is not right wing. Not a fundie. He's a fan of Rachel Maddow. But don't let these inconvenient facts deter you from expressing your bigotry.
                              Last edited by Old Pio; 02-17-2015, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Yeah they won't. You probably think Ebola is gonna get you too dont ya...
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X