• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Re: Global War on Terror Version 6 - Perpetual Motion Machine

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The most effective thing a terrorist group could do is suicide bomb a mall in Iowa. We would bankrupt ourselves in the overreaction.
    So true, so true.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The most effective thing a terrorist group could do is suicide bomb a mall in Iowa. We would bankrupt ourselves in the overreaction.
    That is exactly what I have been thinking for some time and wondering why they don't do it. A mall in Iowa is everywhere, and no one would feel safe.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
    Is the Ayatollah pining for the fjords?

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/brea...email&msg=fail
    'Tis but a scratch

Leave a comment:

• SteveP
    replied

Is the Ayatollah pining for the fjords?

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/brea...email&msg=fail

Social media chatter says he is dead, and now the regime claims he was at a public meeting two days after it reported he was hospitalized.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    having people trying to kill you on a regular basis does that do a person.

I think we are now up to 6 attempts at mass murders by terrorists in Manhattan, if I am not mistaken? Two successful, one a dud, three thwarted.
    Jeebus. I live next to the third largest Somalian city on earth, just a hop away from a named target by a terrorist group from Somalia, have confirmed terrorists that have gone to fight in Somalia and with ISIS, and frankly, I don't think twice going into a mall.

So yeah, you just keep hiding in your bunker or walking up and down the street screaming the end is nigh.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

At least we have an awesome Navy!

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Do you travel by car or bus? Same thing.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Boo ***** hoo. Mother nature tries to kill you on a minute by minute basis, and is way better at doing so than some stupid terrorist from halfway around the world. Go live in a bubble if you're that worried.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I think we are now up to 6 attempts at mass murders by terrorists in Manhattan, if I am not mistaken? Two successful, one a dud, three thwarted.
    And yet most New Yorkers are unfazed. After all, there are no landmarks there, but a petting zoo in East Bumphuck needs DHS funds for protection.

Leave a comment:

• FreshFish
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    It must really suck to live every day in fear of a nuke going off in your backyard.

Last edited by FreshFish; 03-08-2015, 09:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
    It will happen eventually. It's inevitable, and no doubt America will overreact at a historically unprecedented level, which is saying something considering the nation's incredibly shortsighted and emotionally driven response to 9/11. Probably only a matter of time until random shopping malls start getting shot up at irregular intervals. Was amused at the alarm that concept caused when it hit the news a few (I think) weeks ago. I'm surprised it took the jihad brigade 12 years to figure that idea out, to be honest. Some of these things are going to happen and it isn't going to be fun, and I'm not sure the Western world is capable of reacting rationally when the time comes, which is far more dangerous than most people realize. Point being: I'd be careful when it comes to belittling the possibility certain things. Doing so merely puts oneself in a position to act surprised when they do occur, when in reality they should come as no surprise at all.
    There's definite truth to that. Once we hang the "evil" label on a threat, we are capable of very irrational behaviors. ISIS is an evil force, but we watch a handful of beheadings on cable news or youtube and we are ready to sacrifice many lives and spend billions of dollars to kick some arse, while we watch over 480,000 Americans die each year from tobacco related causes. Nobody is saying Phillip Morris is ISIS, but there is no dispute that big tobacco has long known that its products kill and that they are addictive. It is going after our own people and profiting hugely from doing it.

Similar conclusions are being reached about sugar consumption, which is also addictive. The American Heart Association Conf in 2011 announced that 180,000 deaths are caused worldwide from consumption of sugary drinks alone.

Figures can easily be disputed, and American companies selling cigarettes and sugary cereals and drinks are not plotting to blow up orphanages and decapitate aid workers and journalists. They are not evil incarnate. Ours is a free society and they are just making profits in ways we permit them to. But the scale of harm that has already occurred and will continue to occur from those friendlies is thousands of times worse than is being caused by ISIS and other radical groups. But the people making the real bucks are the people selling the image, and once we affix a label to a product or a group, we can be convinced to do some very irrational and destructive things.

Leave a comment:

• XYZ
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Today? Perhaps there will be a nutty Islamist cult who gets ahold of and fires a nuke "in the name of Allah". I don't think it's likely though.
    It will happen eventually. It's inevitable, and no doubt America will overreact at a historically unprecedented level, which is saying something considering the nation's incredibly shortsighted and emotionally driven response to 9/11. Probably only a matter of time until random shopping malls start getting shot up at irregular intervals. Was amused at the alarm that concept caused when it hit the news a few (I think) weeks ago. I'm surprised it took the jihad brigade 12 years to figure that idea out, to be honest. Some of these things are going to happen and it isn't going to be fun, and I'm not sure the Western world is capable of reacting rationally when the time comes, which is far more dangerous than most people realize. Point being: I'd be careful when it comes to belittling the possibility certain things. Doing so merely puts oneself in a position to act surprised when they do occur, when in reality they should come as no surprise at all.
    Last edited by XYZ; 03-08-2015, 04:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    *** would Iran do with one anyway?
    Not get invaded.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by walrus View Post