• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Re: Global War on Terror Version 6 - Perpetual Motion Machine

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    The key word in your post is "Harvard".
    Nah, she (the Mom) was actually a student of Bernard Bailyn, a venerated old guard guy who made his bones before the rot set in. It wasn't (for once) a Harvard Problem, it was an idiot problem.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    it all depends on whose axe is being gored
    This is a great mental image.

I think you meant "ox."

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    And they were shoved out of committee power because they wouldn't succumb.
    Yeah, they won't succumb to this BS.

Speaker John Boehner told a closed meeting of House Republicans Wednesday morning he has not spoken to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) in two weeks, and added that it’s up to the upper chamber to figure out how to avoid a shutdown of the Department of Homeland Security.

His comments came in a Wednesday morning meeting of House Republicans, just three days before DHS is slated to run out of money.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Well, Itch is ****ed off because Bone is saying the House did their **** and the Senate needs to step up. The irony is the Senate is the one that passed a comprehensive immigration bill last year and the House told the Senate to take their bill and shove it. So, just like the filibuster it all depends on whose axe is being gored at that moment. Hypocrisy is the standard Congressman/woman all follow except the select few. And those select few are NEVER EVER in power.
    And they were shoved out of committee power because they wouldn't succumb.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The Mom of an ex-GF watched nothing but MSNBC. Even though she was a Harvard History PhD I still couldn't stand talking to her -- she was nothing but a playback device for Rachel. (And I got nuthin' against Rachel, but the entire point of education is to be able to think for yourself.)
    The key word in your post is "Harvard".

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Bonehead and Itch aren't even talking to *each other* currently. This is leadership?
    Well, Itch is ****ed off because Bone is saying the House did their **** and the Senate needs to step up. The irony is the Senate is the one that passed a comprehensive immigration bill last year and the House told the Senate to take their bill and shove it. So, just like the filibuster it all depends on whose axe is being gored at that moment. Hypocrisy is the standard Congressman/woman all follow except the select few. And those select few are NEVER EVER in power.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Bonehead and Itch aren't even talking to *each other* currently. This is leadership?

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Don't dodge the question. Beyond acknowledging what their objectives are, do you have any specific ideas for dealing with ISIS? How are we supposed to know that your plan is any different or better than Obama's?
    Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    Obama has a plan? he is surely keeping it well hidden!
    This exchange would've been much easier if you'd simply answered, "No".

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Ideas on fighting ISIS? Like O'Reilly who criticized a strategy expert yesterday for the Obama admin not having a clear plan how to cure that problem, he never once offered a shred of information on a plan of his own other than, "You don't have one". How can a news channel be 100% devoted to *****ing?
    It's a beautiful gig if you can get it. I wish I had the guts to go full Michelle Bachmann and had the charisma to get elected. Unfortunately I rolled a 3 Charisma score and have suffered ever since.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Ideas on fighting ISIS? Like O'Reilly who criticized a strategy expert yesterday for the Obama admin not having a clear plan how to cure that problem, he never once offered a shred of information on a plan of his own other than, "You don't have one". How can a news channel be 100% devoted to *****ing?

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    You certainly dodge better than Glass Joe. I suppose it would be out of character for you to offer any answers of your own.
    To be fair, a brick wall dodged better than Glass Joe.

Leave a comment:

• geezer
    replied

I actually admire Obama's rhetorical resistance to all enemies, foreign and domestic, in the interest of winning the real fight. He's a pretty tough dude not to give in by sinking to the Republicans' level.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

You certainly dodge better than Glass Joe. I suppose it would be out of character for you to offer any answers of your own.

Leave a comment:

• GrinCDXX
    replied
    There was more to that post than what you quoted. Still dodging the question.

Leave a comment:

• FreshFish
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    How are we supposed to know that your plan is any different or better than Obama's?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X