Really Terrible Puns, v 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    You may not recognize all of these very famous people when you hear their full names....

Benjamin Dover
    Catherine Mandu
    Philip Ayshow
    Constance Lingus
    Dorothy Comm
    William Payor

Dick Assman

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/saskatoon/dick-assman-of-regina-dies-82-1.3728016
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Really Terrible Puns, v 10

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_H...ican_football)

As a Packer Fan, I remember Mike Hunt playing for the Pack.

Comment

Dick Trickle <-- Yes, real, and drove in NASCAR. And part of the greatest headline ever when he qualified well enough to start first in a race sponsored by a beer: "Dick Trickle gets pole in Busch".
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Lawyer: My client didn't do anything!
          Judge: Would you please tell your client to sit down?
          Lawyer: He's a real stand up guy!
          Judge: F-ck he's good...
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            Dick Trickle <-- Yes, real, and drove in NASCAR. And part of the greatest headline ever when he qualified well enough to start first in a race sponsored by a beer: "Dick Trickle gets pole in Busch".
            Also thinking of Bart Simpson's prank calls to Moe's Tavern:

"I'm looking for Amanda Huggenkiss."
            "I wish I had Amanda Huggenkiss."
            "Maybe you should lower your standards!"
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
              Also thinking of Bart Simpson's prank calls to Moe's Tavern:

"I'm looking for Amanda Huggenkiss."
              "I wish I had Amanda Huggenkiss."
              "Maybe you should lower your standards!"
              Ophelia Theisentitz
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post

Ophelia Theisentitz
                Mike Rotch

Comment

Mike Rotch
                  I grew up playing hockey with a guy named Mike Raasch. He heard those jokes until he became bigger than the other kids, and they didn't want to lose.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    I grew up playing hockey with a guy named Mike Raasch. He heard those jokes until he became bigger than the other kids, and they didn't want to lose.
                    I imagine most guys with the surname "Hyman" have had to deal with the nickname "Buster" at one point or another....
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Moe: Hello, Moe's Tavern. Birthplace of the Rob Roy.
                      Bart: Is Seymour there? Last name Butz.
                      Moe: Just a sec. Hey, is there a Butz here? Seymour Butz? Hey, everybody! I want a Seymour Butz! [the entire bar laughs; realizes] Wait a minute... Listen, you little scum-sucking pus-bucket! When I get my hands on you, I'm gonna pull out your eyeballs with a corkscrew!

Comment

Moe: Hello, Moe's Tavern. Birthplace of the Rob Roy.
                        Bart: Is Seymour there? Last name Butz.
                        Moe: Just a sec. Hey, is there a Butz here? Seymour Butz? Hey, everybody! I want a Seymour Butz! [the entire bar laughs; realizes] Wait a minute... Listen, you little scum-sucking pus-bucket! When I get my hands on you, I'm gonna pull out your eyeballs with a corkscrew!
                        I read an internet theory not long ago that Moe has known all along that Bart's been the prankster but would go along with the bit because Moe has a soft spot for children, as seen in numerous other episodes.

I don't necessarily buy it, but it's tough to dismiss without giving it a little bit of thought as a fan.

Also, that bit sort of died out with caller ID and even more so when the cell phone became popular. Kids don't understand the concept of a prank call these days.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          I had a coach named Harold Dyck, last name pronounced "dick".
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I witnessed a real live "Moe's Tavern" incident at a past job.

< site PA system >

Mister Jablomee, Mister Heywood Jablomee ... please dial site security ...

< /site PA system >

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I witnessed a real live "Moe's Tavern" incident at a past job.

< site PA system >

Mister Jablomee, Mister Heywood Jablomee ... please dial site security ...

< /site PA system >

Yeah, at one job years past, every new receptionist was asked to page Connie Lingus.

Though no one admitted to knowing her cousin, Rosie Palms.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

No mention of "Anita" yet, eh?

Comment

Working...
                                X