Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet #8: You People Make Me Sick.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet #8: You People Make Me Sick.

Hey - raise your hand and wait to be called on. I was asking Priceless.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Yeah the ease at which people can buy guns is ridiculous. dont want a registry...fine. But intensive background searches should be done. My low rent office job required more background checks than the average gun sale does.
      I'm more than fine with background checks.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        So....were those weapons fully automatic or not?
        No, they were "semiautomatic" or "assault weapons"

semi-automatic weapon, on the other hand, could be described as a civilian version of a military machine gun, one that is less capable of rapid fire. Although the firearm automatically reloads, a shooter must pull the trigger separately in order to fire another round. Semi-automatic weapons are typically pistols, rifles and shotguns, including the AK-47 and AR-15 rifles, the UZI submachine guns, and MAC-10 machine pistols. These firearms are often referred to as "assault weapons," based on their rapid-fire capability.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          So is anything semi auto an assault weapon?
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

They are not assault rifles.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

That was a truly bizarre definition to anyone who knows anything about firearms. Who published it?
              There are hunting guns of every length and caliber that are semiautomatic. They are NOT assault weapons. It just means you don't have to manually work the chamber action between shots (no bolt sliding, levering, or pumping)
              I'm not recalling any mass school shootings that were done with automatic weapons. Were there any?
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                That was a truly bizarre definition to anyone who knows anything about firearms. Who published it?
                There are hunting guns of every length and caliber that are semiautomatic. They are NOT assault weapons. It just means you don't have to manually work the chamber action between shots (no bolt sliding, levering, or pumping)
                I'm not recalling any mass school shootings that were done with automatic weapons. Were there any?
                BUT TEH GUNZ!!!!!!!

For these shootings, it's the mentality/mental health of the shooter.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The definition comes from
                  http://science.howstuffworks.com/sem...achine-gun.htm

So, am I supposed to feel better that they used fully legal semiautomatic assault weapons instead of automatic assault weapons to massacre those kids?

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post

So, am I supposed to feel better that they used fully legal semiautomatic assault weapons instead of automatic assault weapons to massacre those kids?
                    No offense but making you feel better is irrelevant to the topic. As long as guns are legal and persons with issues can get their hands on them events like those can happen. Your focal point is misplaced.

Comment

No! The truth is worse than if they had used illegal guns "only criminals will have." The fact they used legal guns that virtually anyone can buy helps your call for gun control, when you think about it. "Assault weapons" are not the issue here. Crazy people are the problem.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        No! The truth is worse than if they had used illegal guns "only criminals will have." The fact they used legal guns that virtually anyone can buy helps your call for gun control, when you think about it. "Assault weapons" are not the issue here. Crazy people are the problem.
                        And wasn't one of the guns stolen from a gun owner who actually was okay to have a gun? The two problems with the gun issue:

1. Crazy people getting a hold of a gun, whether it's done illegally or they somehow slip through the cracks and legally purchase one.
                        2. Irresponsible gun owners, like the WalMart mom, who fail to follow gun safety. Whether it's leaving it somewhat unattended in a purse, or not having guns locked up in a gun safe/etc at home, an owner MUST be responsible.

Comment

I don't even own any ammunition for my gun. Then again, it hasn't been fired. Yet. I'm going to have to wait until the trap range opens up again this winter.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I weep for our future:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=139812923
                            20 pages of a muscle head trying to put a pizza box into a refrigerator.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=107926751
                            5 pages of a muscle head arguing how he can work out 4-5 times a week by only going every other day.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Fear not, those guys aren't contributing any genes to our future. The roids have turned their balls to raisins.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                So is anything semi auto an assault weapon?
                                If you're charging at me with a butter knife and screaming, "I'm going to kill you!", the butter knife is an assault weapon.
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X