Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet #8: You People Make Me Sick.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet #8: You People Make Me Sick.

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    It'll be pretty much the same as if that hunter had used any other rifle on a deer.
    Rifle = 1 shot
    How many shots does an AR get off in one second?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Rifle = 1 shot
      How much damage do you think the bullets do to the meat? It largely depends upon the ammunition used.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        How much damage do you think the bullets do to the meat? It largely depends upon the ammunition used.
        Don't most hunters use those cop-killers? The ones that shred Kevlar? That's why we have ammunition like that, right? Hunting? It's not like they're going to be used on people!

Comment

Don't most hunters use those cop-killers? The ones that shred Kevlar? That's why we have ammunition like that, right? Hunting? It's not like they're going to be used on people!
          That ammunition was originally developed for use BY the police, to shoot through car windshields and other hardened materials. The materials used in "cop killer" ammunition is actually harder than standard bullets, meaning they won't shred on impact. That material composition for ammunition has been illegal to own since the 1990s. Hunters aren't using cop killer bullets.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
            There's a lot of weirdly misplaced rage in this post that makes me hope you don't have access to a gun.
            No rage at all. Everybody has their fetishes. Just don't think it's about "rights" or "self defense." In the end, it's a cultural marker, like wearing a yarmulka. It makes people feel good to define themselves as part of a larger culture, with its own myths. We all do it.

Guns : Gun Humpers :: Tie-dyed shirts : Deadheads
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Rifle = 1 shot
              One.
              Full auto weapons are illegal in the US without extensive special permitting.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                As a woman who carries a purse, I don't even take my purse off my arm in a store, much less leave it untended while looking at something, because it's not safe.
                I always knew you are smart. More confirmation.
                Last edited by The Sicatoka; 01-02-2015, 10:44 AM.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  No rage at all. Everybody has their fetishes. Just don't think it's about "rights" or "self defense." In the end, it's a cultural marker, like wearing a yarmulka. It makes people feel good to define themselves as part of a larger culture, with its own myths. We all do it.

Guns : Gun Humpers :: Tie-dyed shirts : Deadheads
                  ... effete liberalism ...

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    ... effete liberalism ...
                    That's me.

Tomorrow I'll go for nattering nabob of negativism.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      That's me.

Tomorrow I'll go for nattering nabob of negativism.
                      You're ahead of schedule.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        2. Most owners just use guns to kill tasty animals which they eat for food. Delish!
                        Ok.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          One.
                          Full auto weapons are illegal in the US without extensive special permitting.
                          Do you suppose it's accidental that anti-gun types consistently confuse automatic with semi-automatic? And slyly suggest that the latter is the same as the former. In some cases it probably is. In others I'm not so sure. I'm not a gun guy, neither am I anti-gun. The NRA lost me (and Bush I) when they implicitly approved of the murders of five ATF agents in Waco. Paraphrasing a Dennis Miller question: "When did the NRA get so farking cranky?"
                          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Ok.
                            Most LEGAL gun owners use them to hunt animals, if they use their gun at all. Geezer forgot a very important word in his statement.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Most LEGAL gun owners use them to hunt animals, if they use their gun at all. Geezer forgot a very important word in his statement.
                              "Most LEGAL gun owners" don't own a semi-auto rifle (myself included). I also don't hate gays or minorities (I've shared a tent with my gay best friend, and it was cool), and certainly don't want women barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen. I also identify as atheist. So, there's all that.

Kepler's "it's culture" (for middle America) smear argument is so much smug horseshiat, it's beyond stupid. It would be the equivalent of Old Pio on "liberals" regarding "Kumbya around campfires", which is also smug, stupid horseshiat.

It's absolutely embarrassing the pigeonholing that goes on, not just around here, but in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                "Most LEGAL gun owners" don't own a semi-auto rifle (myself included). I also don't hate gays or minorities (I've shared a tent with my gay best friend, and it was cool), and certainly don't want women barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen. I also identify as atheist. So, there's all that.

Kepler's "it's culture" (for middle America) smear argument is so much smug horseshiat, it's beyond stupid. It would be the equivalent of Old Pio on "liberals" regarding "Kumbya around campfires", which is also smug, stupid horseshiat.

It's absolutely embarrassing the pigeonholing that goes on, not just around here, but in this country.
                                This.

Overall, I'm a moderate conservative. Financially? Hoo boy conservative. Socially? Lean liberal. Teh Gayz, free speech, etc? Eh, do whatever. Taxes, gun rights, etc? I suppose the liberals would label me as a rightwing nut. Fine with me.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X