Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet #8: You People Make Me Sick.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    You don't honestly believe that nothing would have happened if the cops hadn't been there do you?

The night would have gone by in peace?
    Read it again. I never said the cops shouldn't have been there. I said they shouldn't have been there in riot gear. I think it would've been easier to identify people there trying to make trouble versus people there to protest.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Nice Planet #8: You People Make Me Sick.

CNN reported tear gas from the very beginning, then around the time of the "SHE HAD A HEART ATTACK AND THEY JUST THREW TEAR GAS AT HER BALHELKRJS:LJR" someone from the police force told CNN it was only smoke. CNN just reported the police finally said they were in fact firing tear gas.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
        All you experts of cop tactics, equipment and uniforms give me gas. Police work in these kinds of situations is always ugly, no matter what the cops are wearing. And this nonsense is merely more justification for very bad behavior. The authorities "got" violent, typical, even stereotypical behavior because that's what some folks always do. There's a difference between the freedom riders and thugs looting a liquor store. And that's what they'd done in that same location just three months ago. And that's what some had been planning for in the interim.
        There's that broad brush again...
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

When I was a kid, we played "cops and robbers." Poor kids these days have to play "cops and peace-loving, non-violent, community - activist protesters."
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Watching on AJ as they have a reporter embedded with the marchers...the trees alongside the road have Christmas lights on them....surreal...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              There's that broad brush again...
              I'm talkin' 'bout you, bub. And your g.d. rationalizations. That narrow enough for you?
              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Read it again. I never said the cops shouldn't have been there. I said they shouldn't have been there in riot gear. I think it would've been easier to identify people there trying to make trouble versus people there to protest.

So some of them should be injured before they don protective gear?

Comment

All of this - every last bit - was gonna happen tonight.

Do you really want the cops out there unprotected or having to leave the area to get appropriately dressed?

Get real.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                    I'm talkin' 'bout you, bub. That narrow enough for you?
                    I'm not justifying behavior. I think the people rioting and looting should be dealt with. But I don't blindly believe that the police have done nothing wrong, that all those people are thugs, that this situation could have been dealt with differently.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                      When I was a kid, we played "cops and robbers." Poor kids these days have to play "cops and peace-loving, non-violent, community - activist protesters."
                      What's that line from West Side Story ? "I'm depraved on account of I'm deprived."
                      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Now a storage facility is on fire
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm not justifying behavior. I think the people rioting and looting should be dealt with. But I don't blindly believe that the police have done nothing wrong, that all those people are thugs, that this situation could have been dealt with differently.
                          As I mentioned before, the cops were letting the protesters do their thing, until some (SOME) protesters decided to trash a cop car. THEN the cops acted. This includes letting some protestors throw things at the cops.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Turn off the TV cameras?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Holy ****ing ****. Now s massive warehouse is on fire.
                              Code:
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                As I mentioned before, the cops were letting the protesters do their thing, until some (SOME) protesters decided to trash a cop car. THEN the cops acted. This includes letting some protestors throw things at the cops.
                                One of the cops was absolutely nailed by a glass bottle and the only response was to carry him off.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X