Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet #8: You People Make Me Sick.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet #8: You People Make Me Sick.

Originally posted by burd View Post
    Is that you, Pio--name caller extraordinaire?
    So much for making a serious suggestion.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      If I were to come upon a group of rioters in the street and they start to beat on my vehicle and attempting to reach me inside of it, I'm invoking the "immediate fear of great bodily harm or death" rules.
      Agree completely, but would you have been stupid enough to try and advance your car directly into a stationary crowd when there were other avenues to navigate? The crowd didn't swarm the car at the onset, but rather the driver put himself right in the thick of it not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Agree completely, but would you have been stupid enough to try and advance your car directly into a stationary crowd when there were other avenues to navigate? The crowd didn't swarm the car at the onset, but rather the driver put himself right in the thick of it not the other way around.
        According to the Star Tribune story, the driver honked his horn ("blaring his horn" I believe was the exact phrase) and the protesters did not move. As for the white van, the Trib stated that protesters were trying to hop on said van as he was trying to move around the crowd.

Meanwhile, the driver has still not been detained, although he remains a "suspect" in the case.

As for the actual case at hand, I believe the cop's story, and I believe that a correct judgement was handed down. Grand Jury cases have very loose standards when it comes to evidence (hearsay, etc). That pretty much means anything goes for presentation. IMO, there'd be a lot more doubt and anger if it went to a regular jury case, and half the evidence (my uneducated guess) was disallowed, and the cop was found not guilty.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          According to the Star Tribune story, the driver honked his horn ("blaring his horn" I believe was the exact phrase) and the protesters did not move. As for the white van, the Trib stated that protesters were trying to hop on said van as he was trying to move around the crowd.

Meanwhile, the driver has still not been detained, although he remains a "suspect" in the case.

As for the actual case at hand, I believe the cop's story, and I believe that a correct judgement was handed down. Grand Jury cases have very loose standards when it comes to evidence (hearsay, etc). That pretty much means anything goes for presentation. IMO, there'd be a lot more doubt and anger if it went to a regular jury case, and half the evidence (my uneducated guess) was disallowed, and the cop was found not guilty.
          With you Brent, run the idiots over.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            No question.

Of 106 arrested, 12 were from Ferguson.

No question.
            Almost all from last night were local is what was reported.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
              I didn't realize that stealing cigarellos and browbeating a shop owner was an achievement.
              Worthy of this president sending representatives to his funeral.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                And your six year reference was to what, if not the president's time in office.
                complete lack of accountability and leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                  Worthy of this president sending representatives to his funeral.
                  A guy died in a nationally covered case, in which the population is divided. It's worthy of representation of the presidency, IMO, despite what my opinion is.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

A guy died in a nationally covered case, in which the population is divided. It's worthy of representation of the presidency, IMO, despite what my opinion is.
                    How much Crown have you had tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                      How much Crown have you had tonight?
                      Zero. I think Brown is a criminal, but I also mourn a lost life, even if it was justified (certain cases need not apply; see: serial killers, kid killers, etc). Given the national attention this story got, I think a presidential presence is alright.

Comment

To clarify:

Cop took correct actions to neutralize the threat.

Unfortunately those actions led to a death.

Comment

Dunno if this will work. This is friggin' awesome:

http://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=...type=2&theater

Comment

Dunno if this will work. This is friggin' awesome:

http://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=...type=2&theater

That dude is a racist.

Comment

And yes... that is awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                                complete lack of accountability and leadership.
                                By whom?

Comment

Working...
                                X