Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet #8: You People Make Me Sick.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet #8: You People Make Me Sick.

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I'm not justifying behavior. I think the people rioting and looting should be dealt with. But I don't blindly believe that the police have done nothing wrong, that all those people are thugs, that this situation could have been dealt with differently.
    There is no moral equivalence between the thugs in Ferguson and the various law enforcement types. None. The cops have done nothing wrong. The cops are doing the job we pay them to do. And so far, they've shown pretty remarkable restraint. You think "people rioting and looting should be dealt with," but evidently not using the equipment and tactics they're trained to employ. This isn't a 50s western, where Wyatt Earp shoots the gun out of the bad guy's hand. This is dangerous criminality, with the potential for significant loss of life. And must be dealt with appropriately.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Cat Daniels and Pastor Henry Logan on AJAM saying they don't have any idea who the looters are. Logan says his organization focused on voter registration drives. He was in the US Navy and never saw violence like this. Daniels (who cooks for the protesters) says, "My people went home long ago."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        All of this - every last bit - was gonna happen tonight.

Do you really want the cops out there unprotected or having to leave the area to get appropriately dressed?

Get real.
        BS, this could've been prevented. Declaring a state of emergency days before hand? A huge prescence of police in riot gear and armored vehicles in front groups of people doing nothing before the announcement?

They saw that group of people and dressed for battle instead of engaging them in a non-agressive way. The painted them as a threat before any of this started.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

How much extra money will be spent tonight/has been spent during the past months?

How many dash cams or body cams could have been bought with those funds that they didn't have before but somehow found now?
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Paraphrasing Cedric the Entertainer in Barbershop II (during the MLK riots in Chicago) "I'm heading over to Montgomery Ward's, can I get you anything?"

Comment

Anybody else here watching the looting and rioting and thinking that Martin Luther King Jr. should rise out of his grave and start pimpslapping some of these idiots??
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

At some point the decision has to be made to shut this down. Too many gunshots. Too many buildings burned. Too many people getting hurt (not necessarily phyaically).

If I'm the cops I start getting IDs from everyone. If they are a SLC resident, set them free. If they are not, lock them up until morning.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                  Anybody else here watching the looting and rioting and thinking that Martin Luther King Jr. should rise out of his grave and start pimpslapping some of these idiots??
                  I'm glad he isn't around to see this. He'd be devastated. By both sides.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

BS, this could've been prevented. Declaring a state of emergency days before hand? A huge prescence of police in riot gear and armored vehicles in front groups of people doing nothing before the announcement?

They saw that group of people and dressed for battle instead of engaging them in a non-agressive way. The painted them as a threat before any of this started.
                    Planned protests in anticipation of the verdict. Last protest was violent. Preparation was key.

What would have happened if the looters looted, which they were going to do (only blaming some, mind you) and the police were not ready? Blame the police for not being prepared. It was a no-win situation.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

That would be the official view in Cloud Cukooland?

Comment

You should post unicorns instead of ponies if you believe all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Planned protests in anticipation of the verdict. Last protest was violent. Preparation was key.

What would have happened if the looters looted, which they were going to do (only blaming some, mind you) and the police were not ready? Blame the police for not being prepared. It was a no-win situation.
                          Is that really what he said? Holy crap. Talk about delusional.
                          Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                            There is no moral equivalence between the thugs in Ferguson and the various law enforcement types. None. The cops have done nothing wrong. The cops are doing the job we pay them to do. And so far, they've shown pretty remarkable restraint. You think "people rioting and looting should be dealt with," but evidently not using the equipment and tactics they're trained to employ. This isn't a 50s western, where Wyatt Earp shoots the gun out of the bad guy's hand. This is dangerous criminality, with the potential for significant loss of life. And must be dealt with appropriately.
                            I'm going to put this in small words so that you can understand: I am NOT criticizing the current tactics that the police are using right now. What I am criticizing is the tactics that be used before any of this started. This is an angry group of people who are angry and mistrustful of a police force. This police force met them dressed for battle in full battle gear antagonizing them instead of even attempting to defuse the situation before it even started.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Is that really what he said? Holy crap. Talk about delusional.
                              No one said that exact thought.

But we all know that's what would have happened had the police not been prepared for a riot.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                No one said that exact thought.

But we all know that's what would have happened had the police not been prepared for a riot.
                                No I meant the part you quoted.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X