Clear All

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Mittens The Chess Bot will destroy you.

https://youtu.be/ADYtvakMZZs

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    The next FIDE championship will be in Kazakhstan between Ding Liren and Ian Nepomniachtchi.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    So he’s admitted to cheating in the past, yet is still allowed to compete? I’ve never understood this concept of allowing confirmed cheaters to compete at high level events again. It happens in Magic and inevitably the person gets caught cheating again, wouldn’t surprise me if the same thing happened here.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I love a good cheating allegation.

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/27/11253...emann-cheating

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    You realize Sam is 25 right?
    All the more reason for him to leave the affectations of prior loser generations behind and try something new.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

If you took those ideas and gave them to somebody else to make a video it would be good.

That guy? I want that guy dead, slowly. Can we please get this ****ing manic childish affectation over with? We get it, quirky. Can we please have adults back?
    You realize Sam is 25 right?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Wu Tang Clan aint nothin to **** wit.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    If you took those ideas and gave them to somebody else to make a video it would be good.

That guy? I want that guy dead, slowly. Can we please get this ****ing manic childish affectation over with? We get it, quirky. Can we please have adults back?

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Evolution of strategy in a nutshell

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied
    Another first for AI:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/25/europ...cli/index.html

Not even Bobby Fischer, ahem, pulled that off.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Can, can you blame him? 11 years at the top of almost every variation. I'd probably want to shoot my career before I shoot myself. Like, I imagine after about six years it became boring. Ten years, excruciating.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Holy sh-t.

Magnus Carlsen, who has been ranked the No. 1 chess player in the world since 2011, announced Wednesday he will not defend his world championship title.

"The conclusion is very simple that I am not motivated to play another match," the five-time world champion said on his podcast, The Magnus Effect. The championship matches are held every two years and the next is scheduled for 2023.

"I simply feel that I don't have a lot to gain," Carlsen added. "I don't particularly like it, and although I'm sure a match would be interesting for historical reasons and all of that, I don't have any inclinations to play and I will simply not play the match."

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    So, former Ukrainian now Russian GM Sergey Karjakin just got himself canceled. He had been tweeting support for Putin, but his tweets were also laughing emojis in response to stories of Ukrainian deaths. His Twitter account is now removed and entire chess community is basically telling him to DIAF.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    There's a new kid in town.
    While playing black.

I loved how his reaction was he just wanted to go to bed, since he was up so late due to the time difference.

Carlsen did say he felt he was feeling the aftereffects of Covid, after coming down with it shortly before the tournament. Still, a fantastic result for the up and comer. An international master at 10. That's just absurd.
    Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 02-22-2022, 09:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    There's a new kid in town.

India’s teenage chess grandmaster Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa has won praise for a stunning victory over world number one Magnus Carlsen in an online championship.

Praggnanandhaa, 16, who in 2016 became the youngest international master in history at age 10, beat Carlsen late on Monday at the ... Masters rapid chess tournament.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X