What I Learned Today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I Learned Today...

I'm in a thread-starting rampage, I think...

ANYWAY....

So I learned something today, and of course, I'm going to share with one and all in USCHO land.

Well, I'm not much of a cook. However, as of late, I've started to get into it a little more. So there's this recipe that I'm going to try tomorrow. It calls for 6 cloves of garlic as one of the ingredients. I go to the store and get all the ingredients I need for this recipe, including the garlic.

Today, my roommate needed 2 cloves of garlic for her recipe. She asks if she can use my garlic... And I think, "Well ****... if I give her 2, I will only have 4 left..... That's not enough for my recipe, but it seems like there is more than enough there..."

Being the nice person I am, I cannot tell her no! "Sure........." She can tell that I look somewhat hesitant. She's like, "Dude... do you know what a CLOVE of garlic is?" Apparently I did not. Well now I do now. I thought BULBS were cloves. But they are not. However, they do contain about 10 cloves each. Let's just say that I have PLENTY of garlic and giving her 2 cloves is not really a big deal. But OMG... if not for her, I probably would've put like six BULBS of garlic in my recipe....! Eeek!

============================================

So let's use this thread to share silly things that we learn or have learned at a later point in life than we probably should have. Then we can go back and forth and make fun of one another. This thread will be a failure, but that's okay. Many of the things I do are failures.

But in my defense... come on... I never really have cooked! So how the hell was I supposed to know?!
    Former President of Mitch's Misfits, 2005-2008

"The fans are what makes college hockey so great." - Casey Borer

Re: What I Learned Today...

Fooper.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Fooper.
      Well excuuuuuuuuse me! I didn't realize you were the Almighty Chef here!

Comment

Originally posted by MeanEgirl View Post
        Well excuuuuuuuuse me! I didn't realize you were the Almighty Chef here!
        I'm not, but I'm not a Fooper.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I'm not, but I'm not a Fooper.
          Me neither! At the very worse, I'm a Trooper. But I have made a new title for myself... Troopesotan. And that is not a Fooper. Therefore, I am not a Fooper... nor have I ever been. And doing things that Foopers do also does not make me a Fooper.

Comment

Silly Foopers, women, girlfriends, etc etc.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by MeanEgirl View Post
              Me neither! At the very worse, I'm a Trooper. But I have made a new title for myself... Troopesotan. And that is not a Fooper. Therefore, I am not a Fooper... nor have I ever been. And doing things that Foopers do also does not make me a Fooper.
              Actually, you are a Fooper in recovery. MN is curing you, one day at a time.

Comment

How do you not know what a clove of garlic is?
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

I learned that there are actually people who have graduated college that do not know what a clove of garlic is.

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
                    I learned that there are actually people who have graduated college that do not know what a clove of garlic is.
                    She's an engineer...not an agriculturist.

Comment

So, today I learned MEg is a dumbarse.

Comment

So, today I learned MEg is a dumbarse.
                        I think that was the implication.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                          I think that was the implication.
                          Imply all you want. I'll just *ing say it.

Comment

To be fair, there are probably like 3 Italians in the entire UP.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                              How do you not know what a clove of garlic is?
                              I thought I ... made this clear, but apparently I did not...?

I AM NOT A COOK. In college, I made frozen **** and macaroni and cheese. I never assembled ingredients together and followed a fancy recipe. This is a new venture for me! I'm learning a lot... like... (1) what a clove of garlic REALLY is and (2) cooking isn't really THAT hard! I've yet to fail at making something yummy, which is ...kind of amazing, given my experience.

Anyway, I will answer your question one more time: My vast INEXPERIENCE in the area of cooking led to my prolonged ignorance of what a "clove" of garlic is.

Does that clear it up? I can repeat it again if you need me to.

Comment

Working...
                              X