Internet Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Security

I've been thinking recently about upping my tinfoil hat rep and making my PC and Phone activities more secure.

I was looking at VPN products for both, but these companies all seem shady despite reviews from fairly reputable Web sites.

Anyone use VPN for their home/mobile Internet access and have recommendations?

Looking for limited/no logging and randomized IP.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Re: Internet Security

Short answer: It doesn't exist.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      VPN for home doesn't exist?
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        Anyone use VPN for their home/mobile Internet access?
        While I don't use VPN for internet access from home, when working remotely I can connect to office network through VPN by using my home ISP. Our office is really uptight about security.

I don't have enough literacy beyond that to be of any help to you though. Sorry.
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

100% correct.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
            VPN for home doesn't exist?
            No. True Internet Security doesn't exist. If people want it, have enough resources and have enough patience to sift through it all, they can get it.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

No. True Internet Security doesn't exist. If people want it, have enough resources and have enough patience to sift through it all, they can get it.
              Basic protection like an encrypted connection will deter 99%. Instead of a free for all approach.
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Working...
              X