Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NDSU Bison

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    He constantly seems to overestimate the seriousness of this place.
    Yeah I probably do. Thanks for setting me straight. Updates will continue.
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      Don't apologize, icehawk. I don't blame you one bit. We all give and take a little guff here for what we say. It's real easy to see you're not being a jerk--just excited by what this kid is doing and justifiably proud. So keep at it.
      Thanks burd. Proud indeed. I've seen first hand how hard he has worked to get where he is at and like most kids growing up playing football his dream was to play in the NFL. That may come true. By the way he was a pretty dang good hockey player too.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

The Bison have that swagger back. Dominated Western Illinois today 59-7.
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I think they're the New York Yankees of Division I-AA football, a winning team that is easy to hate due to the extreme arrogance of their fanbase.
          National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
          National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
            I think they're the New York Yankees of Division I-AA football, a winning team that is easy to hate due to the extreme arrogance of their fanbase.
            There is no such thing as Yankee arrogance at the 1-AA level. A few big frogs in a small, small puddle.

That doesn't mean any one player, like Wentz, for example, isn't headed for an NFL career.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
              There is no such thing as Yankee arrogance at the 1-AA level. A few big frogs in a small, small puddle.

That doesn't mean any one player, like Wentz, for example, isn't headed for an NFL career.
              You're right on that, but the problem is too many delusional nutjobs among their fanbase are unable and/or unwilling to recognize how small the I-AA puddle really is. Living in Fargo, I see and hear the stupidity on a daily basis. They actually believe that they're on par with the likes of Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, USC, etc...

Also so many people have jumped on that bandwagon over the last 5 to 10 years, I'd say their fanbase back in the '90s was about 15% of its current size. To those select few that have supported the team since the D2 era, I guess they deserve the recent success. But to all of the bandwagon jumpers, they are the reason why I get a sick and twisted sense of pleasure every time that team loses.

Granted, the losses have been few and far between over the course of the last few years. But nobody stays on top forever and I can't wait till this smug program comes crashing down to earth. It's a matter of not if but when.
              National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
              National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                You're right on that, but the problem is too many delusional nutjobs among their fanbase are unable and/or unwilling to recognize how small the I-AA puddle really is. Living in Fargo, I see and hear the stupidity on a daily basis. They actually believe that they're on par with the likes of Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, USC, etc...

Also so many people have jumped on that bandwagon over the last 5 to 10 years, I'd say their fanbase back in the '90s was about 15% of its current size. To those select few that have supported the team since the D2 era, I guess they deserve the recent success. But to all of the bandwagon jumpers, they are the reason why I get a sick and twisted sense of pleasure every time that team loses.

Granted, the losses have been few and far between over the course of the last few years. But nobody stays on top forever and I can't wait till this smug program comes crashing down to earth. It's a matter of not if but when.
                What SU has accomplished is very remarkable, though. Last year, its seniors had won more national championships than they had lost games. That's amazing. Allowing their fans to enjoy it will certainly not harm you, unless you have envy problems. Surely you have something going on in your own life that is worthwhile rather than dwelling on your bitterness over the successes of others.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                  What SU has accomplished is very remarkable, though. Last year, its seniors had won more national championships than they had lost games. That's amazing. Allowing their fans to enjoy it will certainly not harm you, unless you have envy problems. Surely you have something going on in your own life that is worthwhile rather than dwelling on your bitterness over the successes of others.
                  You do make fair points, and big picture I have to admit it really doesn't affect me all that much as I do not even watch their games. It just gets irritating to hear all the fans running their mouths so much. They say the only thing worse than a poor loser is a poor winner, and Bison fans from my perspective are some of the poorest winners that I have ever encountered. UND hockey fans are right up their too, which is ironic to me considering how level-headed UND football fans come across as.

23 > 21

Comment

Great points burd. The amount of fans that say they can compete with the likes of Michigan and Alabama and such is miniscule compared to the entire fan base. They are just louder than the normal fan who knows better. As far as band wagon fans go winning kind of does that. I've been a fan since the old Dakotah Field days going way back. It's been a fun ride and who knows they could get one for the thumb this year yet.
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Biggets game is tomorrow against Bo Pelini and Youngstown St in Ohio. He will bring the house against Stick and the Bison offense. With that said I think the Bison continue to run the ball like they have since Stick took over and win this thing by 2 scores.

North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz is one of my favorite prospects in this class, and in talking to team sources this week, they believe he will be ready for the 2016 Senior Bowl in late January coming off a broken wrist.
                      http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ok-for-week-10
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                        Biggets game is tomorrow against Bo Pelini and Youngstown St in Ohio. He will bring the house against Stick and the Bison offense. With that said I think the Bison continue to run the ball like they have since Stick took over and win this thing by 2 scores.

North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz is one of my favorite prospects in this class, and in talking to team sources this week, they believe he will be ready for the 2016 Senior Bowl in late January coming off a broken wrist.
                        http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ok-for-week-10
                        That's strange: I heard Wentz is soft in the head and slow of foot, a victim of bad genes.

Comment

That's strange: I heard Wentz is soft in the head and slow of foot, a victim of bad genes.
                          That would be me.
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Huge comeback win by the Bison yesterday over Youngstown St. 27-24. All but locks up a first round bye and home playoff games throughout the playoffs. Missouri St. at home for the last regular season game and that should be a complete butt kicking.
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 5m5 minutes ago

Two @seniorbowl announcements I'm most excited to see in person: @cj_wentz and @Ol_King_Cole. Both are really, really good
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

2011,12,13,14 and 15 MVFC Champs.
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X