X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New York Yankees: Order Has Been Restored To The Universe

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
    and he didnt even start!

is sterling's call for granderson still 'something sort of grandish'?
    He definitely said that today. Awful.
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

much ado about nothing: arod fired boras. is the dude even going to need an agent anymore?
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

7 in a row and Derek got a breather today.
        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Props to Girardi. Looks like he's pushing all the right buttons with regulars out all over the place lately and a patchwork starting rotation. I'm taking the Metro North down tomorrow from Poughkeepsie. If anyone's riding, I'll be the one wearing the Yankee cap.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
            much ado about nothing: arod fired boras. is the dude even going to need an agent anymore?
            Probably not, but it was inevitable if you believe what A-Rod was saying about Boras after the opt-out.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

So, Yankees top prospect Jesus Montero was hitting as low as .212 in early June. As of today, he's hitting .291 with 20 HRs and 74 RBIs. More interesting is that he's only had 6 errors this season playing around 85 games at catcher. Two of the errors came in the first two games of the season. Kid's already a hitting stud, if that defense continues to improve, watch out Jorge, you may have an appointment to ride the pine next June or July.

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                So, Yankees top prospect Jesus Montero was hitting as low as .212 in early June. As of today, he's hitting .291 with 20 HRs and 74 RBIs. More interesting is that he's only had 6 errors this season playing around 85 games at catcher. Two of the errors came in the first two games of the season. Kid's already a hitting stud, if that defense continues to improve, watch out Jorge, you may have an appointment to ride the pine next June or July.
                He'll be the permanent DH in that case. His bat is too good to lose in a lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                  He'll be the permanent DH in that case. His bat is too good to lose in a lineup.
                  Well if Montero continues to progress at his current rate, I would not be surprised to see Jorge taking balls at 1B more often and spelling Tex once a week or so. Carry three catchers probably isn't the ideal scenario, but having Montero working with Frankie and Tony Pena (hopefully) everyday can't hurt him one bit. Does he need to play consistently? Hitting yes, catching no. I personally would do something along the lines of Montero catching 3 out of 5 with Cervelli and Jorge getting the other two. One of the days not catching Montero can DH when Jorge catches and then sit on the day Frankie catches. Won't burn out the kid and allows for some flexibility off the bench. I know I'm getting ahead of myself but next year the Yanks should have a bunch of prospects knocking on the door of the majors (at some point). In no particular order:

Pitchers: Nova(if he doesn't stick), Phelps, Noesi, Brackman, Kontos

Position Players: Montero, Laird, Curtis (see Nova), possibly David Adams depending on his rehab

And if they have a big season like Laird's: Betances RHSP, Banuelos LHSP (although he turns 20 in March), Romine C, Warren RHSP

There's a lot to like about those names.

Comment

Don't forget about Andrew Brackman either. He's had a huge year. He and Betances both had huge comeback seasons. Brackman, Betances and Banuelos had outstanding seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                      Don't forget about Andrew Brackman either. He's had a huge year. He and Betances both had huge comeback seasons. Brackman, Betances and Banuelos had outstanding seasons.
                      Pitchers: Nova(if he doesn't stick), Phelps, Noesi, Brackman, Kontos

Comment

Whoops.

Comment

Thames is starting in right field today. Uh oh.

Comment

When did signs kissing Michael Kay's azz become popular? They're like an even dumber version of "Circle Me Bert."
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              When did signs kissing Michael Kay's azz become popular? They're like an even dumber version of "Circle Me Bert."
                              There are a lot of things going on at the Stadium that are overwhelmingly stupid.

Comment

Thames is starting in right field today. Uh oh.
                                Game winning homer

Pulling for the O's tonight.
                                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Working...
                                X