Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2014 Ryder Cup

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    EUR 10 - 6 going into singles. Median Meltdown -> Gag at Gleneagles?
    No. This is going to be another ***-whooping. 18-8 or so.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

This will be the same old thing. In matches where points are decided on 18, the US will be -3, and Europe will win 14.5-13.5.

Comment

Fowler playing like a boss, then chokes. The other guy appears useless.

Why do I watch this?

Comment

Originally posted by sagard View Post
          Fowler playing like a boss, then chokes. The other guy appears useless.

Why do I watch this?
          Because it's not for money but for pride and a tiny trophy.

Rickie vs. Rory tomorrow should be a fun watch.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

US getting outplayed early, Fowler might as well concede and they aren't even at 5 yet
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

And the bi-annual crap the bed tourney is over.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
              Twenty red lights in his honor
              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

USA Post match presser was a disaster. Phil threw his captain under the bus.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  USA Post match presser was a disaster. Phil threw his captain under the bus.
                  In fairness, he responded candidly to a direct question. The question was basically "what was different in 2008"?

Phil could have given the basic useless response like "we played better in 2008." Instead, he pointed out that they had a different system of teaming up players, of getting the players more involved with the pairings, etc...

If he threw Watson under the bus, he threw all the other captains outside of Azinger (2008) under the bus as well.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

By the way, I don't think we win another of these until we throw Ralph Lauren "under the bus". I'm sorry. You can't play good golf, or do anything else successfully, when you are wearing clothes that look like those your crazy aunt gave you for Christmas.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      By the way, I don't think we win another of these until we throw Ralph Lauren "under the bus". I'm sorry. You can't play good golf, or do anything else successfully, when you are wearing clothes that look like those your crazy aunt gave you for Christmas.
                      At least they didn't have to wear the Father's Day tie.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        Could not agree more. The sweaters on Saturday looked like something Ralphy's* Aunt Martha sent him for Christmas.

*Christmas Story's Ralph, not USCHO's.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                        Twenty red lights in his honor
                        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Bottom line was, no matter who was captain, we have less talent than they do. I like the young guys though. I think it will be closer next time.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

pretty hard to compete when the other team is easily better than yours.
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              pretty hard to compete when the other team is easily better than yours.
                              c'mon

VICTOR DUBUISSON?
                              jamie donaldson?
                              STEPHEN GALLACHER?

really?!?!?!?
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                c'mon

VICTOR DUBUISSON?
                                jamie donaldson?
                                STEPHEN GALLACHER?

really?!?!?!?
                                Better match play players than the USA?

I shoot a 74 you shoot a 74. In stroke play we're tied. In match play you won 3 & 2.
                                Last edited by joecct; 09-29-2014, 07:01 PM.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X