The 2014 Ryder Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2014 Ryder Cup

Obviously Team USA has an uphill battle anytime the matches are played on European soil, but there's nobody better to lead the US than Tom Watson. Character, charisma, calm under pressure.

Re: The 2014 Ryder Cup

The four-ball matches are up.

The headline match? Match 4: Garcia and McIlroy vs Bradley and Mickelson.

Comment

I'll be surprised if the US wins any points at all this time out.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Team that putts better will win.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Usa!!!
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Disappointing finish in the afternoon, especially after the promising start in the morning. USA needs to at worse split the 8 points tomorrow, and probably needs to take 5 to give themselves a legit chance of winning back the cup.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
              I'll be surprised if the US wins any points at all this time out.
              The Euros owned the afternoon four-man matches and they're up 5-3 after day one. I think it will take a Miracle on Grass for the US to win.
              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                The Euros owned the afternoon four-man matches and they're up 5-3 after day one. I think it will take a Miracle on Grass for the US to win.
                Europe was always considered the favorite. They have the better team, and they will probably be up something like 9.5-6.5 or 10-6 after tomorrow. That being said, I think the USA will have a better shot than I originally gave them. Ultimately, I think Europe probably wins with something around 15.5-16 points.
                North Dakota

Comment

USA with another strong morning, winning the session 2.5-1.5 to get back within a point (Europe leads 6.5-5.5).

On another note, is Ian Poulter the biggest ********* in golf?
                  North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    Is the Pope Catholic?

Comment

Also wondering if Mickelson is injured (or unable to get loose in the cold and wind) ... gotta be tough to sit out again.

Comment

Originally posted by Farce Poobah View Post
                        Also wondering if Mickelson is injured (or unable to get loose in the cold and wind) ... gotta be tough to sit out again.
                        Yeah, surprising to see him sit all day. That being said, he was not playing very well yesterday. My guess is Watson is saving him up for tomorrow. The USA will probably need to win 7-8 of the singles matches.
                        North Dakota

Comment

EUR 10 - 6 going into singles. Median Meltdown -> Gag at Gleneagles?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            USA with another strong morning, winning the session 2.5-1.5 to get back within a point (Europe leads 6.5-5.5).

It's the eyes. He's been playing like doo doo this year and weekend and hits 2 good shots and all is right in Europe.

If you read his tweets he doesn't BS. When he plays like a weekend duffer he says so.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              EUR 10 - 6 going into singles. Median Meltdown -> Gag at Gleneagles?
                              It will be really difficult with this year's group. Team USA does play better though individually...

Fourball:
                              USA - 5
                              Europe - 3

Alternate Shot:
                              Europe - 7
                              USA - 1

As a result, I think Team USA will have a decent chance of out-pointing Europe tomorrow, but it will be pretty close to even. I'll stick with my Europe 15.5-16 point prediction.
                              North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                              X