X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Approaching the human limit.

A video explaining, in some detail, how the World Record speedrun for Super Mario Bros. is approaching the limit of human capability.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    So... got the XBox Series X directly from Microsoft's website a couple weeks back. Most noticeable difference is the loading times. I did notice there is a *slight* stutter to the video feed if I stream MLBtv on it; not quite sure what the hiccup is from. Googling it, it appears it's a common issue with the Series X.

I also upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate... bought enough Live Gold to extend out for three years, then converted it all to Game Pass Ultimate at a 1:1 conversion for just a $1. My renewal date for Game Pass is now winter 2023.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    So Fortnite is adding a character from Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series. I mean, I'm glad he's likely getting paid a decent chunk of change, but talk about a crossover that doesn't make much sense on its face.

And it's still not going to get me to play it.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Is that the MMO version?
    Yeah, the one that was so bad initially they shut it down for a year and rebuilt it into one that has become a huge success. The one caveat with recommending it is that each expansion builds on the plot of the last one, so you can't just skip to the current one. You need to get through the meh-ness of the initial game to get to the 1st expansion which was pretty good. The 2nd expansion was ok, but the last one was outstanding.

I believe you can play the entire initial game and first expansion for free now, though.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Is that the MMO version?

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied

I'm more excited for this expansion to XIV than XVI. The last expansion (Shadowbringers) was the best Final Fantasy storyline in a decade, and this one will wrap up the current overarching plot.

Helps that I have a soft spot for FFIV, too, which this is clearly borrowing from.
    Last edited by unofan; 05-15-2021, 07:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    nvms are the single most cost-effective improvement you can make
    The speed difference is amazing. I’m loving having a capable computer for once.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    nvms are the single most cost-effective improvement you can make

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Finally got my new computer delivered. I don’t know how I’ve lived without an NVMe SSD but I’m not going back.

Also, my RTX 3060 is a chonky boy. Holy fuck that thing is huge.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    I'm thinking Biomutant at the end of the month myself.
    I should be sick of Outriders by then.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Current Playlist:

New Pokemon Snap
    MLB The Show 21
    Monster Hunter Rise

Not much coming till end of June. So should be able to get through all of them.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post
    I caved and upgraded my Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate. (Extended Live out almost a full three years then converted it for $1)

Holy Sh**. I've gotten my money's worth so far. Downloaded MLB The Show and played it last night and I was blown away by it.
    If you play on series X system you get MLB network video podcasts in road to the show, instead of just the audio on xbox ones.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    I caved and upgraded my Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate. (Extended Live out almost a full three years then converted it for $1)

Holy Sh**. I've gotten my money's worth so far. Downloaded MLB The Show and played it last night and I was blown away by it.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    My wife allowed me to get a new computer with our stimulus money. I know I should be building all this myself like a cool kid but I went with a prebuilt from a new company called Redux because a) I don't want to build one myself, b) it's impossible to actually get a graphics card without overpaying unless you order through a builder and c) Redux has had good reviews from people online.

Leave a comment:

• UCBadger
    replied
    Looking forward to putting warp pipes on my island after the Animal Crossing Mario update comes live on March 1. But I am just not sure where to put the pipes....
    Put the mushroom mural wallpaper in my turnip storage room.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X