Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I would purchase used, and since I only really play Zelda games these days, I’m just looking for limited use. Also, the best I can tell, aside from some overheating issues of the original version, the joycons sometimes suffer drift issues. If you’re willing to make the fix yourself, the can be corrected for about $10.
    Did you play the new skyward sword?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Did you play the new skyward sword?
      I bought it on Wii, but never played it past a few minutes. In short, I messed up my shoulder a week or so after buying it, kind of killing my Wii playing days. I think The Skyward Sword HD rerelease is only on the Switch, and I’m still looking to buy one of those.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• On XBox Gamepass and Switch Friday!!!

Free (for XBox) if you own a digital copy of Rare Replay.

Now, how to retrain decades of muscle memory of holding an N64 controller into the new controller configuration for XBox.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Have you ever tried replaying that on an N64? I literally have no ****ing idea how we as kids moved our fingers and hands like that.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Have you ever tried replaying that on an N64? I literally have no ****ing idea how we as kids moved our fingers and hands like that.
            How Nintendo went back to back on the worst controller designs on the N64 and GameCube after the greatness of the SNES controller still baffles me to this day.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              How Nintendo went back to back on the worst controller designs on the N64 and GameCube after the greatness of the SNES controller still baffles me to this day.
              All Time Rankings:
              1. PS4 DualShock (It's the peak controller. It has everything you could need. Finely tuned. Durable. Capable. Possible the PS5 unseats this, but since about 12 people own a PS5...)
              2. SNES (this could be #1, look at the fact that virtually every controller released since 1990 has the ordinal direction four-button configuration. It changed everything.
              3. NES (It set the permanent configuration for movement on the left, buttons on the right. If Pong was the first amino acid, this was the first single-celled organism.)
              4. PS2 Dual Shock (it pains me this is so low)
              5. Wii (It brought everything we know of interactive and motion controls to the forefront)
              6. Genesis (diagonal? Sign me up!)
              7. PS1 (Quad shoulders, two handles? Again, major evolutionary change, but man did it hurt after a few hours)
              n. N64. There were some cool things this did, but it's almost unusable today.

I honestly didn't play much Gamecube but looking at the controller, that thing sucks. ALso dishonorable mentions that I didn't really play but they look terrible:
              Jaguar
              Original Xbox controller
              Dreamcast
              Saturn 3D (what on ****in earth man)

Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Microsoft Kinect controller, while terrible for the console, is maybe the most important one made. It's used on a host of real world applications now.

Microsoft, i think, also started the customizable (elite) controller. Where you could map additional buttons and replace parts.

There regular controllers are fine, although the offset analog sticks can be odd for people.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  Microsoft Kinect controller, while terrible for the console, is maybe the most important one made. It's used on a host of real world applications now.

Microsoft, i think, also started the customizable (elite) controller. Where you could map additional buttons and replace parts.

There regular controllers are fine, although the offset analog sticks can be odd for people.
                  Holy ****. That elite controller costs $180?! Yeah, that can go immediately above the N64 controller. That's literally insane.
                  Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

All Time Rankings:
                    1. PS4 DualShock (It's the peak controller. It has everything you could need. Finely tuned. Durable. Capable. Possible the PS5 unseats this, but since about 12 people own a PS5...)
                    2. SNES (this could be #1, look at the fact that virtually every controller released since 1990 has the ordinal direction four-button configuration. It changed everything.
                    3. NES (It set the permanent configuration for movement on the left, buttons on the right. If Pong was the first amino acid, this was the first single-celled organism.)
                    4. PS2 Dual Shock (it pains me this is so low)
                    5. Wii (It brought everything we know of interactive and motion controls to the forefront)
                    6. Genesis (diagonal? Sign me up!)
                    7. PS1 (Quad shoulders, two handles? Again, major evolutionary change, but man did it hurt after a few hours)
                    n. N64. There were some cool things this did, but it's almost unusable today.

I honestly didn't play much Gamecube but looking at the controller, that thing sucks. ALso dishonorable mentions that I didn't really play but they look terrible:
                    Jaguar
                    Original Xbox controller
                    Dreamcast
                    Saturn 3D (what on ****in earth man)
                    As much as I love the PS4 controller and how great it is, the SNES controller is probably #1 for how influential it is. Every other controller nowadays is derived from it (now that Nintendo went back to it with the Switch). The PS1 DualShock is probably the closest in terms of influence since it was really the first with quality analog joysticks.

The N64 controller was weird and uncomfortable even when it was released.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• In terms of influence, absolutely.

Best designs for their time, got to be DS4. It's just so close to perfect.
                      Code:

Comment

• I know Rowling is persona non grata. But Hogwarts Legacy (early access) launches tomorrow! *squee*
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Does anyone have a ps5? You can actually get them now, debating. I’d like to play last of us, Witcher 3. Witcher 3 wasn’t great on Switch.

wondering if anyone who has it thinks it’s worth price

Comment

• I finally got my Switch. I lucked out, found a guy selling his Switch for $200, no missing parts, and it came with three games - Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Super Smash Bros. I’m not much interested in two of the three, but I might give them a shot.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Switch is only system I have. Witcher 3, Mario odyssey, BOTW, links awakening and skyward sword are only games I have.

will be getting botw 2 opening day

Comment

• Gameboy games coming to switch online!

I’ve never played minish despite being a Zelda groupie

https://***********/nintendoamerica/...jW8OdisiwNRC3g

also picking up a PS5 tonight

Comment

Working...
                                X