This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Since I bought my Oculus Quest (with the new version being delivered in October) I have played my ps4 maybe twice. VR is too much fun!
    Have you been having any of the side effects from the VR use?

One of the big ones I saw (and I can't find the article again) was someone said they lost depth perception for hours after using VR for an extended period of time.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Well, MS store says my Xbox Series X pre-order went through. Guess we will find out if that is true in November.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Have you been having any of the side effects from the VR use?

One of the big ones I saw (and I can't find the article again) was someone said they lost depth perception for hours after using VR for an extended period of time.
        Given that i can barely handle VR type rides at Disney and Universal (HP, SW, etc.). I'm pretty sure VR is not an option for me. At least not fast moving ones. Makes me feel a bit nauseous.
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• So the XBOX app has been refreshed for the coming of the new console, and its way better than the old versions. Also included in the app is the ability to locally stream from your XBOX to your phone running the app, for gaming on the (kind of but not really) go.

The Game Pass app will have xStreaming as an option which allows true remote game play of select games.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Baldur's Gate 3 (early access) is available today at 10 AM PT.
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

• We are about 18 days from the launch of new consoles. Wheres the hype!? The wife and I were able by some miracle to pre-order both.

I already have a backlog of games, but i am anxious to play Cyberpunk 2077 (19th) on the new consoles.

Queued up currently are: Baldur's Gate 3, SW Squadrons, Snow Runner, Persona 4 Golden, Leisure Suit Larry, PGA 2K21, and MS Flight Simulator.
              Last edited by JF_Gophers; 10-23-2020, 09:02 AM.
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

• There’s no hype because there’s not really anything revolutionary new with the consoles nor are there any absolutely must play games.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  There’s no hype because there’s not really anything revolutionary new with the consoles nor are there any absolutely must play games.
                  I'm honestly a little surprised they both pushed out new systems right now. There isnt anything that makes them "must have," in my opinion.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• The release day games last gen werent anything special either.

Only Nintendo seems to have day 1 games that show off the new hardware.

I'll be happy if the new ones can actually deliver 4k/60fps consistently. Because last gen 4k wasnt it.
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

I'm honestly a little surprised they both pushed out new systems right now. There isnt anything that makes them "must have," in my opinion.
                      I think it’s mostly just due to the lifespan of the console coming to an end. But yeah, the only real tech leaps are using SSDs for storage and better functionality at 4K.

Gameswise it’s really strange, most AAA titles have switched to a more long term model like GTAV and Destiny 2 so there’s nothing really new and exciting that’s coming out.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Out of nostalgia I set up a private Everquest server. Works great, surprisingly.

If you'd be interested in playing let me know. I can get you the deets.
                        Last edited by JF_Gophers; 10-30-2020, 12:04 PM.
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

• MSFT charged me yesterday, so i guess my XSX pre-order is official. Good to know either way.

Dug in to EQ and it brought back all good feels from 20 yrs ago.
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

• Today's finally the day! Free upgrade of BL3 and the new AC: Valhalla will be my first 2 games on the new gen.
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

• PS5 disc drive sounds like a jet engine. You'd think they could figure that out. But other than that I don't have any complaints so far.
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

• Dreaded 5 post.

Received my copy of Disgaea 6 (jp). Don't need to know the language to play if you've ever played previous ones. US version isn't until June.
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Working...
                                X