X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    The entire "first game" coming out this month is Midgar only and they think it'll take 40ish hours. It's a completely different game with nostalgic names and characters
    Wut

Also, what the **** is a first game? And why do I immediately hate it?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Wut

Also, what the **** is a first game? And why do I immediately hate it?
      It’s split into multiple chapters.

If it was under a different name, with a different story, it would be alright. Instead it’s a FF7 Remake and it’s a mess. I knew it was going to be like this and I’m still disappointed.

Maybe I’m just an old millennial but I don’t understand why people think turn based RPG’s don’t work in the modern gaming world, heck the South Park games prove they still do.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        It’s split into multiple chapters.

If it was under a different name, with a different story, it would be alright. Instead it’s a FF7 Remake and it’s a mess. I knew it was going to be like this and I’m still disappointed.

Maybe I’m just an old millennial but I don’t understand why people think turn based RPG’s don’t work in the modern gaming world, heck the South Park games prove they still do.
        Are you ****ing kidding me?

How do they **** this up so badly? Just copy/paste the script. Update the graphics. Make a $billion
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Are you ****ing kidding me?

How do they **** this up so badly? Just copy/paste the script. Update the graphics. Make a $billion
          Because they’ve been producing so many games and anime in the “Compilation” that they can’t remember what the story is at this point.

That, and, I don’t if it’s a developer thing or a cultural thing, but there seems to be this block against just doing that. It seems that everything has to be big and new and flashy when all we really wanted was updated graphics and voice acting.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Because they’ve been producing so many games and anime in the “Compilation” that they can’t remember what the story is at this point.

That, and, I don’t if it’s a developer thing or a cultural thing, but there seems to be this block against just doing that. It seems that everything has to be big and new and flashy when all we really wanted was updated graphics and voice acting.
            I would think that Hollywood's track record with remakes lately is playing a part (apples and oranges I know). Doing the same with just those changes probably carries a huge stigma of risk.
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

A remake and a remaster are two different things. Final Fantasy 8 was a remaster last year. They're probably remaking FF7 because they haven't even thought of FF16 and FF7 remake buys them time after 15 took like 7-8 years to push it out.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I’ve finally got some time to go back and try to get 100% in RDR2.

Never really got around to doing some of the scavenger hunt/collection side quests. Not to mention all the plants and animals I somehow haven’t discovered yet.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Microsoft has started posting digital games for sale for their Spring Sale.

https://www.xbo*****/en-us/games/xbox-one?cat=onsale
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    A remake and a remaster are two different things. Final Fantasy 8 was a remaster last year. They're probably remaking FF7 because they haven't even thought of FF16 and FF7 remake buys them time after 15 took like 7-8 years to push it out.
                    Well they’re wasting that time they’ve bought considering how many resources they’ve put into this remake. Apparently this chapter, which is about what 1/8 of the game?, is pretty long and takes up 100GB+ of space.

I saw a post somewhere that said it best: “It’s Final Fantasy XVI with Final Fantasy VII characters.”
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

100 Gb? Jfc. These people are insane.

Hard pass. That’s going to take 24 hours just to install.
                      Code:

Comment

Pre orders for the interactive Super Mario Lego starter set are open starting today at Lego.com.

$59.99
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

100 Gb? Jfc. These people are insane.

Hard pass. That’s going to take 24 hours just to install.
                          why is your internet so slow? Took maybe 3 hours to install.

I actually like the remake so far. There is a classic mode that lets you just issue commands instead of having to control characters. But im fine with the hybrid fighting scheme. Part action, part menu.
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                            why is your internet so slow? Took maybe 3 hours to install.

I actually like the remake so far. There is a classic mode that lets you just issue commands instead of having to control characters. But im fine with the hybrid fighting scheme. Part action, part menu.
                            I don't have gigabit service. Too expensive, don't have a server hosted in my house. I think we still have a DOCSIS 3.0 modem on 125 Mbps service.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              I don't have gigabit service. Too expensive, don't have a server hosted in my house. I think we still have a DOCSIS 3.0 modem on 125 Mbps service.
                              100000 / (125/8) = 6400 seconds = 106 minutes

3 hours would be about right, considering you won't get the full 125 mbps but the 100 gigs would also be the uncompressed storage at the end, not the compressed download size.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                100000 / (125/8) = 6400 seconds = 106 minutes

3 hours would be about right, considering you won't get the full 125 mbps but the 100 gigs would also be the uncompressed storage at the end, not the compressed download size.
                                Nah its legit 100gb download.

15g to play, 85g of the rest of the data.
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Working...
                                X