This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

I have such a backlog of games to get through, yet I want to purchase and start on The Outer Worlds.

Need to hold off until the XBox Black Friday digital sale. Or next spring's Easter digital sale.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
      I have such a backlog of games to get through, yet I want to purchase and start on The Outer Worlds.

Need to hold off until the XBox Black Friday digital sale. Or next spring's Easter digital sale.
      Outer worlds is free with game pass. So $1 if you have never signed up.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        Outer worlds is free with game pass. So $1 if you have never signed up.
        I avoided it at first because there weren't any games I was interested in, and there was a huge glitch where previous digital purchased games that were also available on game pass locked you out if the game pass account lapsed.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
          I avoided it at first because there weren't any games I was interested in, and there was a huge glitch where previous digital purchased games that were also available on game pass locked you out if the game pass account lapsed.
          Ah. I converted my live acct to ultimate which includes game pass and i think ea access. So i shouldnt ever run in to that issue.
          Last edited by JF_Gophers; 11-14-2019, 12:29 PM.
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Jedi Fallen Order plays a lot like Tomb Raider or Uncharted in that there is platforming and puzzles.

It has a bit of Dark Souls sprinkled in. Save points where you convert xp earned. If something kills you, you have to go back to that enemy to regain the xp you had collected.

Pretty fun so far.
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Pokemon Sword/Shield is a lot easier then previous entires. Your rival and the gyms are completely trivial. I beat them all with just 2 pokemon.

The pokemon league on the other hand provides at least some challenge. Although you can out level that.

Raid match making sucks. Really all of the interactivity stuff is poor.

But the game is good otherwise.
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

A wonderful history of Super Mario Bros. 3
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Outside of Capcom's online connectivity issues, I've enjoyed the Iceborne expansion for Monster Hunter World (pc).
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Co-founder Dan Houser to leave Rockstar Games.

No worries everyone, it’s just the guy who co-founded the company, created and wrote its two biggest franchises. Nothing to worry about.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      Co-founder Dan Houser to leave Rockstar Games.

No worries everyone, it’s just the guy who co-founded the company, created and wrote its two biggest franchises. Nothing to worry about.
                      "A publicist might have said, 'He's retiring to spend more time with his mountains of money.'"

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                        "A publicist might have said, 'He's retiring to spend more time with his mountains of money.'"
                        It's a worry about the future of the Rockstar series'. Houser has been the creative force driving the GTA and Red Dead series to where they are. There is a legitimate worry that the single player experience that has really driven the success of them will be downplayed or outright abandoned in favor of online multiplayer models (something that has happened at other companies like EA).
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          It's a worry about the future of the Rockstar series'. Houser has been the creative force driving the GTA and Red Dead series to where they are. There is a legitimate worry that the single player experience that has really driven the success of them will be downplayed or outright abandoned in favor of online multiplayer models (something that has happened at other companies like EA).
                          If it means the company will make more money, then yes. If it can be shown that good single-player games can produce the same profits as the 'games as a service' model then Rockstar will continue with games like RDR2. These games still have an online lootbox component that produces a metric crapton of revenue.

Comment

Online Multiplayer is the worst thing to ever happen to video games.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Disney says developers are free to use Disney IP in games. At the 2020 DICE Summit the Disney VP of Gaming said, "I'm here for one specific reason: to empower you to do really unique things with our characters." Leisure Suit Goofy?

Comment

Wait wut?

I assume free to use doesn’t mean use for free?
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X