Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Pulled the trigger on a BLD rig yesterday.

General specs:

Intel 8700K (3.7 GHz, 6 cores/12 threads)
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8g
    MSI MPG z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC motherboard
    16GB G.skill tridentZ, 3200 MHz
    2 SSD's (250GB EVO 860 (boot), 500GB EVO 970)
    4TB Seagate Barracuda
    NZXT Kraken x62 radiator
    NZXT h700i case

Should be a fun toy.
    Nice setup! Probably going to want a 2nd gpu in The future as games get more demanding with full 4k.

What are you planning to play on it?
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      Nice setup! Probably going to want a 2nd gpu in The future as games get more demanding with full 4k.

Well, I'm not planning on doing anything in 4k in the near future. Got 2 1080p (144hz) monitors for now. As for 2 GPU's, either Nvidia will need to do a driver update to allow 2070's to be SLI (if that's even possible? In my mind it is, but not sure), or it'll be a generational upgrade for me, as only the 2080 and 2080ti can do SLI.

Honestly not sure how far down the rabbit hole I'll go. This is my first proper PC, so I've only gamed on laptops since High School (12-15 years ago now). I've got an HP Omen 17" Laptop now, so it does a pretty decent job with most stuff. Currently primarily Rocket League, occasional pillaging the seas on SoT, and some others I have but haven't played. Don't know if I'll dive into the BR genre too much, just don't have the time to grind and getting demolished constantly isn't much fun.
      Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 02-27-2019, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Play? He's going to mine Bitcoin!

Comment

So I never had a gameboy, but as a Zelda fan I’m pumped for Nintendo’s upcoming reboot of Links Awakening for the switch.

Comment

Was LA the game boy game?
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yes

Comment

Loved that game. Fantastic dungeon designs.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I still remember the cheat where if you touched the edge of the screen and immediately hit select or something, it would warp you to the second screen.
                  Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    So I never had a gameboy, but as a Zelda fan I’m pumped for Nintendo’s upcoming reboot of Links Awakening for the switch.
                    I've seen some images, and it looks gorgeous. I don't have a Switch, so...
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Successfully stealing an item from the shop would permanently change your name to THIEF (including your save file name.)

I now have the "empty room with a ringing phone in the middle of it" theme in my head.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Oh I remember that!!

What a great game. Was looking back at some of the images and stories and remembered just how good it really was.
                        Code:

Comment

Huge XBox One video game sale through the Microsoft Store this week (ends Monday). A whole lot of the Ubisoft catalog is available. I picked up Assassins Creed Odyssey Gold (season pass which will include remastered AC3 and AC Liberation free next month) for $33 (normally $100, so all three for $11 each). Also picked up AC: Origins for $15.

Tempted to get Watch Dogs 2 for $9 or Far Cry 5 for $15, but I fear I might get too burnt out on even more Ubisoft open world games. I already have a backlog of RDR2 to complete (open world, not Ubi), and The Division 2 comes out next month.
                          Last edited by aparch; 03-02-2019, 10:23 AM.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

This PC is a monster. Finally seems to be updated and stable. This is gonna be a lot of fun.

Comment

Sekiro looks and plays fantastic. Im playing on the xbox one X version.

Plays differently than Soulsbourne games, but still has the learn the enemy or die mechanic.

But i feel more in control of my gameplay with this one. Has a nice stealth aspect along with sword play.
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I love watching the pros play FIFA. They HATE the game but they've turned it into their careers so they have to keep playing. It's hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X