Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Brazil levies huge tariffs on video game consoles. A PS4 costs something like US$1500 there. Hence everyone buying a used PS2 for FIFA.
    Get the fcuk out of here.

Edit: On second thought, how else do you keep you population thin and secksy?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      Brazil levies huge tariffs on video game consoles. A PS4 costs something like US$1500 there. Hence everyone buying a used PS2 for FIFA.
      Not just video games. A lot of stuff has huge tariffs. I know Magic card stuff has tariffs on it (despite a couple of the best players in the world being from Brazil).
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

This new Simpsons expansion is pretty nice.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          This new Simpsons expansion is pretty nice.
          I was thinking the same thing. Connie Chung has proved entertaining thus far. Is it a limited time only event? It has that feel in a lot of ways, but the scope seems too large for such an event. I'm a little confused.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

It's time for another Summer Games Done Quick, and now comes the game I was most looking forward to: Tetris - The Grand Master. It is amazing watching someone play invisible Tetris while the credits are rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
              It's time for another Summer Games Done Quick, and now comes the game I was most looking forward to: Tetris - The Grand Master. It is amazing watching someone play invisible Tetris while the credits are rolling.
              Kaizo Mario World will own your soul.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                Kaizo Mario World will own your soul.
                Sadly, Kaizo is not being played at this GDQ.

With Tetris: TGM over with, I think the next thing that looks really fun comes Wednesday night when they're going to see how dangerous it is to go alone in The Legend of Zelda by not bothering to get the sword.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
                  Sadly, Kaizo is not being played at this GDQ.

With Tetris: TGM over with, I think the next thing that looks really fun comes Wednesday night when they're going to see how dangerous it is to go alone in The Legend of Zelda by not bothering to get the sword.
                  I know GameJ06 is doing Lost Levels again.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Not sure how someone is already over 700 million in real estate value on the Simpsons. Too much free time or too much money spent on speeding up resources I guess.

It's taken a fair amount of effort just to get to 146 mil.
                    Last edited by JF_Gophers; 07-28-2015, 06:07 AM.
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      Not sure how someone is already over 700 million in real estate value on the Simpsons. Too much free time or too much money spent on speeding up resources I guess.

It's taken a fair amount of effort just to get to 146 mil.
                      The highest value I have seen for any of my contacts is around 350 million. I'm around 145 million and I've been playing way more than I should as I'm laid up with a broken bone in my foot. On the plus side, I have all 10 of my valet parking garages at level 3, a couple condos up to level 5, and only a couple sea plots left to purchase.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Did online multiplayer on Forza 5 late last week. Knew I was going to be terrible, so I stayed toward the back of the pack or fell completely off pace (because human drivers negotiate corners/drive differently than the "Drivatar" AI).

Wow. People were yelling through the races, b*tching about drivers, their crappy setups, the cars, very frustrating. One guy even whined because the Cadillac I was driving had better top speed versus his Chevelle.

I was annoyed that there wasn't any way to mute all the headset wearers at once.

So I went back to plodding along in single player mode.

I can't imagine what Call of Duty is like in online multiplayer.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

So, one of the hottest new online (browser) /mobile games is Agar.io. Anybody here played yet? It's a multiplayer game where you go around eating small cells (food), growing in size. You can also eat other players own cells, if you're larger.

Just had my PR, lasted for 45 minutes time, got as large as 2,468 mass while eating 3800+ food. Gulped down 145 other players cells too. Got up to #3 out of around 85, I'd guess.

Comment

I'm terrible at NHL 15's online mode. 14-37-3 record. Scored just two goals in my last 15 games. It's comical at this point. Doesn't matter which team I play as.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I am stoked for the release of Rare Replay today. 30 games for $30, and some of my favs.

Banjo-Kazooie, Conker BFD, Viva Pinata, Killer Instinct, etc.
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Did online multiplayer on Forza 5 late last week. Knew I was going to be terrible, so I stayed toward the back of the pack or fell completely off pace (because human drivers negotiate corners/drive differently than the "Drivatar" AI).

Wow. People were yelling through the races, b*tching about drivers, their crappy setups, the cars, very frustrating. One guy even whined because the Cadillac I was driving had better top speed versus his Chevelle.

I was annoyed that there wasn't any way to mute all the headset wearers at once.

So I went back to plodding along in single player mode.

I can't imagine what Call of Duty is like in online multiplayer.
                                COD online isn't really that bad unless you get put in a clan game where everyone takes it way too seriously. That being said, I'm not very good at it. Still better than I am at GTA V online though. I guess I got the game too late, because my player is ranked so much lower than everyone else still playing that I can't get any good weapons or anything and they can always shoot me through the windshield when I try to run them over in the car.

The nice thing about GTA is there is enough to do in single player it's hard to get bored. Sometimes I just fly around and look at the landscape because they did such a good job with it. Los Santos at night is incredible.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X