Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Oh, you don't do discs then? That explains it.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Oh, you don't do discs then? That explains it.
      We do use discs for about half, and I'm also sharing the space with my wife.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Forza 6 early access starts 9/10 at 6:01 am pdt. Game releases on 9/15.

Only box edition right now is day one for $60. The ultimate ed. Is digital for $99.

You can also unlock more cash and cars the farther you play in previous games. So far Forza Hub says I've earned 8 cars and 400 in 6.

I'm in!
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Bought Rory McIlroy PGA Tour. Haven't bought a golf game since about 2011/12.

Hopefully it's not just a bunch of locked courses/events requiring DLC buys.
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
            Bought Rory McIlroy PGA Tour. Haven't bought a golf game since about 2011/12.

Hopefully it's not just a bunch of locked courses/events requiring DLC buys.
            LOL you don't know EA very well, do you?

Thought I read that it only has 8-9 courses at release. I think that's including atleast 1 fantasy course as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
              LOL you don't know EA very well, do you?

Thought I read that it only has 8-9 courses at release. I think that's including atleast 1 fantasy course as well.
              I know that's EAs m.o.

I'm fine with some dlc, just not game crippling amounts at release. TPC Scottsdale was pre-order free dlc course.
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

I know that's EAs m.o.

I'm fine with some dlc, just not game crippling amounts at release. TPC Scottsdale was pre-order free dlc course.
                Complete with beer showers and boos?

Comment

All I've learned so far is that the green reads generated by the cpu are totally bogus.

Included Courses:
                  - TPC Sawgrass (FL)
                  - Parcel Storm (Fantasy - Battlefield 4)
                  - Coyote Falls (AZ)
                  - Wolf Creek (NV)
                  - Royal Troon (Scotland)
                  - TPC Boston (MA)
                  - Bay Hill (FL)
                  - Whistling Straits (WI)
                  - St. Andrews (Scotland)
                  - Chambers Bay (WA)
                  - The Wetlands (FL)
                  - Lighthouse Pointe (ME)

Pre-Order:
                  - TPC Scottsdale (AZ) - Free for everyone else September 14th

Commentators: NBC Broadcast - Rich Lerner, Frank Noblio
                  Last edited by JF_Gophers; 07-14-2015, 03:39 PM.
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Getting the hang of making both left AND right turns in Forza 5.

Still kicking *** and beating records on the Indy oval though. Forza's lines aren't quite accurate. I'm maybe a little too geeked that I can put all the years of playing Papyrus' Nascar Racing 2003 to good use.

Not sure if I want to get Forza 6 right away. I'm not too keen on spending the $100 for the "ultimate" edition of the game. Or spending on DLC either.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Forza gives you your monies worth even without the DLC car packs. You'll still have access to around 400 cars. Also, there's an in between deluxe version that's not so expensive.

EA messed up on their golf trophies a bit. There's a trophy for shooting 59 or less which should take high skill. However the fantasy course is a par 54. So I shot 46 and got credit for the trophy.
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

The person who invented DLC is worse than Hitler.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          The person who invented DLC is worse than Hitler.
                          You are out of Godwins!

Wait 30 minutes - or purchase more from the store!

1 Godwin - $0.99
                          5 Godwins - $2.99
                          10 Godwins - $5.99
                          20 Godwins - $9.99
                          100 Godwins - $39.99 - BEST VALUE!
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I'm going to cut you.
                            Code:

Comment

All I've learned so far is that the green reads generated by the cpu are totally bogus.

Included Courses:
                              - TPC Sawgrass (FL)
                              - Parcel Storm (Fantasy - Battlefield 4)
                              - Coyote Falls (AZ)
                              - Wolf Creek (NV)
                              - Royal Troon (Scotland)
                              - TPC Boston (MA)
                              - Bay Hill (FL)
                              - Whistling Straits (WI)
                              - St. Andrews (Scotland)
                              - Chambers Bay (WA)
                              - The Wetlands (FL)
                              - Lighthouse Pointe (ME)

Pre-Order:
                              - TPC Scottsdale (AZ) - Free for everyone else September 14th

Commentators: NBC Broadcast - Rich Lerner, Frank Noblio
                              I have the Tiger EA 2014. No additional courses needed to complete career, BUT you have to manually switch courses to one of the ones on the disc (not a big deal, you hit a button). That's fine with me. The green reads on this one were BS compared to the 2012 disc I had, BUT it was a manner of different way of showing the greens/putt preview/whatever.

I'm assuming the Rory version just has minor updates, just like every other EA game. Really not worth updating my game just yet.

FTR, I do fully enjoy this game, although the EA servers suck. Always am getting kicked out/disconnected, and re-connected. And I've narrowed it down to their servers.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Ya, I don't buy most years either. But I wanted a PS4 version and it had been awhile.

Interesting. No day one DLC for sale.
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Working...
                                X