Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Oh and it sounds like Sony is going to FINALLY update the PS4 to play media files off of thumb drives and DLNA. Why this wasn't available on launch is absolutely beyond me. Even if it was rudimentary and only played MP3/MP4/JPG.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      This FFVII remake looks incredible. I know these are CGI sequences but holy fk they are pretty
      I'm excited for it for sure but, I'm in the camp of people that are nervous because Square's track record isn't great lately. I just don't want to see huge storyline edits, no world map, and some of the compilation crap like Genesis. And yet those are real possibilities.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        I'm excited for it for sure but, I'm in the camp of people that are nervous because Square's track record isn't great lately. I just don't want to see huge storyline edits, no world map, and some of the compilation crap like Genesis. And yet those are real possibilities.
        The reboot of FFXIV is actually a really fun MMO. I'm really looking forward to its first expansion this Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Speaking of Bethesda, Fallout 4 is available for pre-order but doesn't have a set release date. Trailers look good so far.
          November 10th, I believe
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            The reboot of FFXIV is actually a really fun MMO. I'm really looking forward to its first expansion this Friday.
            Never in a million years would I have pegged you for an MMO fan.

(No offense was meant.)
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Never in a million years would I have pegged you for an MMO fan.

(No offense was meant.)
              I've played a ton of them over the last 15 years, but never WoW. Take that FWIW.

This is the first I've stuck with more than 6 months, and usually I give up after around 3 months since I can't keep up with the college kids playing 24/7. I'm generally more of a Civ/SimCity/tower defense type gamer (with the occasional hack n' slash Diablo clone cravings), but I've found a good guild to play with in FFXIV which makes a huge difference.

Comment

The wife just picked us up an XBox One. She's been getting the itch to get back into first person shooters, and a buddy of mine has me hooked on NHL 15. We picked up the 1 TB edition, Call of Duty Advance Warfare, COD Ghosts, NHL 15, and Forza 5. I've lost a step (or three) in the COD games (she was beating me pretty badly last night), and NHL I struggle with. Last gaming system we bought was the Wii almost eight years ago.

Anyone got advice for what games to get next?
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I'm pretty sure GTA V is mandatory for PS4/XBone.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Assassin's Creed Black Sails was the free Game With Gold for this month. Figured I'd give it a whirl at that price. Are all the Assassin's Creed games this good (or better)? I've been enjoying the hell out of it. I was a little leery of jumping back into the GTA games (had a save file corrupt on GTA3:San Andreas) and didn't want to spend the time to get back to the percentage I was at. May get GTA5 because of the fun I'm having with Assassin's Creed.

Wife beat COD-Advanced Warfare. I think she spent all of eight hours total cruising through it. I'm kinda disappointed by that.

Forza 5 is gorgeous. And I can't wait for Forza 6 now (stupid DLC though).

NHL 15 makes me want to throw my controller through the TV when I play multi-player (I either win 1-0/2-1 or get smoked 8-0/9-2). Also, people that disconnect before the game is over because I'm winning 2-0 are *holes.

Overall, happy with the XBone purchase.
                    Last edited by aparch; 07-05-2015, 10:23 PM.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Assassin's Creed Black Sails was the free Game With Gold for this month. Figured I'd give it a whirl at that price. Are all the Assassin's Creed games this good (or better)? I've been enjoying the hell out of it.
                      The answer to that is no.

I was a little leery of jumping back into the GTA games (had a save file corrupt on GTA3:San Andreas) and didn't want to spend the time to get back to the percentage I was at. May get GTA5 because of the fun I'm having with Assassin's Creed.
                      GTA 5 needs to be played on PC, it's the definitive version.

Wife beat COD-Advanced Warfare. I think she spent all of eight hours total cruising through it. I'm kinda disappointed by that.
                      I remember how playing through the original COD games single player was considered odd. Even though getting through at the hardest setting ended up giving you the skills of a god compared to most of the other players.

Comment

I've been obsessed with This War of Mine since I picked it up on Steam a couple weeks ago. Brilliant atmospheric, deeply moving. My favorite game in quite a while.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Anyone ever play either of the Zero Escape visual novel games: 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors and Virtue's Last Reward?

I'm very happy that volume 3 got announced this weekend, considering a year and a half ago the games' creator essentially announced there probably wouldn't be a conclusion to the story since VLR didn't sell well enough in Japan (yet it did well here for some reason; go figure). I guess the online push from fans actually helped show there was a market for the sequel.

Comment

Finally ran out of room on my PS4 (500 gb). Bought a 2TB hdd for about $100 to replace it.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

How?
                              Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                How?
                                500 gb would only be 16 games at 30 gb each. Now subtract space for the ps4 OS, themes, game saves, patches, apps, etc.

Space goes fast.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X