Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    My wife allowed me to get a new computer with our stimulus money. I know I should be building all this myself like a cool kid but I went with a prebuilt from a new company called Redux because a) I don't want to build one myself, b) it's impossible to actually get a graphics card without overpaying unless you order through a builder and c) Redux has had good reviews from people online.

Leave a comment:

• UCBadger
    replied
    Looking forward to putting warp pipes on my island after the Animal Crossing Mario update comes live on March 1. But I am just not sure where to put the pipes....
    Put the mushroom mural wallpaper in my turnip storage room.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied
    EA Sports is bringing back college football.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Dreaded 5 post.

Received my copy of Disgaea 6 (jp). Don't need to know the language to play if you've ever played previous ones. US version isn't until June.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    PS5 disc drive sounds like a jet engine. You'd think they could figure that out. But other than that I don't have any complaints so far.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Today's finally the day! Free upgrade of BL3 and the new AC: Valhalla will be my first 2 games on the new gen.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    MSFT charged me yesterday, so i guess my XSX pre-order is official. Good to know either way.

Dug in to EQ and it brought back all good feels from 20 yrs ago.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Out of nostalgia I set up a private Everquest server. Works great, surprisingly.

If you'd be interested in playing let me know. I can get you the deets.
    Last edited by JF_Gophers; 10-30-2020, 12:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post

I'm honestly a little surprised they both pushed out new systems right now. There isnt anything that makes them "must have," in my opinion.
    I think it’s mostly just due to the lifespan of the console coming to an end. But yeah, the only real tech leaps are using SSDs for storage and better functionality at 4K.

Gameswise it’s really strange, most AAA titles have switched to a more long term model like GTAV and Destiny 2 so there’s nothing really new and exciting that’s coming out.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    The release day games last gen werent anything special either.

Only Nintendo seems to have day 1 games that show off the new hardware.

I'll be happy if the new ones can actually deliver 4k/60fps consistently. Because last gen 4k wasnt it.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    There’s no hype because there’s not really anything revolutionary new with the consoles nor are there any absolutely must play games.
    I'm honestly a little surprised they both pushed out new systems right now. There isnt anything that makes them "must have," in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    There’s no hype because there’s not really anything revolutionary new with the consoles nor are there any absolutely must play games.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    We are about 18 days from the launch of new consoles. Wheres the hype!? The wife and I were able by some miracle to pre-order both.

I already have a backlog of games, but i am anxious to play Cyberpunk 2077 (19th) on the new consoles.

Queued up currently are: Baldur's Gate 3, SW Squadrons, Snow Runner, Persona 4 Golden, Leisure Suit Larry, PGA 2K21, and MS Flight Simulator.
    Last edited by JF_Gophers; 10-23-2020, 09:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Baldur's Gate 3 (early access) is available today at 10 AM PT.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    So the XBOX app has been refreshed for the coming of the new console, and its way better than the old versions. Also included in the app is the ability to locally stream from your XBOX to your phone running the app, for gaming on the (kind of but not really) go.

The Game Pass app will have xStreaming as an option which allows true remote game play of select games.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X