X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Yes. Parents pick up Madden because there is literally one choice and their kid likes football. That doesn't make them good.
    Madden hasn't been good since 2005 for good reason

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Yes. Parents pick up Madden because there is literally one choice and their kid likes football. That doesn't make them good.
    I don't think you quite understand. Monopolies are not only coveted in America but revered and protected. It's the latest in the Evolution of Government and Capitalism.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied
    Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    It's fine to say they suck. But someone is buying those AAA titles, and a lot of them.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    It's fine to say they suck. But someone is buying those AAA titles, and a lot of them.
    Lots of people like Nickelback and the Dallas Cowboys, too. Popularity doesn't negate suckiness.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

The major studios pretty much all suck these days, anyway.
    This. So much this. RDR2 was the last AAA game I bought. Before that, Witcher 3.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Microsoft buys Activision Blizzard for 68.7B. Meaning EA is about the only big company left that hasn't been bought out.
    The major studios pretty much all suck these days, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Microsoft buys Activision Blizzard for 68.7B. Meaning EA is about the only big company left that hasn't been bought out.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    I bought mine through a company called Build Redux. They use off the shelf parts, have reasonable prices, and only charge a $75 build fee. Plus no bloatware or anything like that. And they're pretty customizable as far as parts go.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Okay fellow gamers, the wife is looking at wanting a PC (or laptop) that she can game on AND stream to Twitch.

Recommendations for pre-built systems? I know building it myself may be more expensive thanks to the chip shortage.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied

Bad news, FFXIV:Endwalker got delayed 2 weeks and pushed into December because the producer decided to pull a Ridley Scott-esque Director's Cut style micromanagement on the storyline and artistic elements, which didn't leave enough time to ensure everything was QA tested before its original release date.

Good news, it means it's not being released right before Thanksgiving, so I'll actually get to binge it on its actual release. And they released the official launch trailer (above), which is somehow better than the full CGI one they released over the summer and gives me hope this will be an epic conclusion to an 8-year long plot line.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Anyone play CoD Warzone?

Leave a comment:

• WisconsinWildcard
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

1) Are you playing the games on an HD TV?
    2) I’ve been playing a few games here and there on my N64, but the resolution/frame interlace design is horrible on modern TVs. I’m almost ready to buy an old CRT tv just so I can make out things on the screen again.
    I do play on an HD TV. That being said, I have an LG OLED CX which by itself is great for gaming. I also bought a decent converter. If you are serious about things looking like you remember, try something from here https://www.retrotink.com/

I have the 2X mini. Not cheap but is about as close to looking like a CRT as I can find. Not sure if the 5X is much of an upgrade but it is even pricier.

Leave a comment:

• WisconsinWildcard
    replied
    Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

So what's the N64 equivalent of EarthBound in terms of rarity and high price demand?
    https://www.pricecharting.com/game/n.../super-bowling

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/n...-sculptors-cut

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/n...64/stunt-racer

These three are probably the most expensive of the traditional NA release set. The problem I have is they are generally bad games...so it makes it hard to pull the trigger.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    I don't trust Amazon as a game company. So I'll skip their offerings for a few more years.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X