X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

I dont see it as gambling, because you are guaranteed a mininum return on you expenditure.

That said i also dont like when items required to win are behind pay walls. Loot boxes should be cosmetic in nature.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

The controversy over loot boxes is one that the British government may now be forced to comment on, after Cambridge MP Daniel Zeichner was convinced to submit two questions to Karen Bradley, the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.

The two questions are recorded on the official Parliamentary website, and the first asks what steps Bradley plans to take, ‘to help protect vulnerable adults and children from illegal gambling, in-game gambling and loot boxes within computer games.’

The second question revolves around the Isle of Man’s unusually strict laws surrounding gambling and in-app purchases, which makes them the only place in the world to explicitly protect against abuses relating to in-game currency.

The Metro

Leave a comment:

• Twitch Boy
    replied

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    In the I hate people category.

Someone beat Cuphead from start to finish in 90 minutes... using 2 DDR pads as controllers.
    He's under an hour now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGWLSURCm3s

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

So if I load a multiplayer game on Battlefront II then go take a shower, when the game ends I'll get the same number of credits as the rest of my team?

Leave a comment:

• UCBadger
    replied

What is the list price for SNES classic mini (it that the correct term for the new product?)

Edit: Found out on Nintendo's site (who would have thought to look there? ) that the MSRP is $79.99 and is called the Super NES Classic Edition.
    Last edited by UCBadger; 10-12-2017, 06:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

South Park episode tonight will tie in with The Fractured But Whole game releasing next week.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied

SNES classic restocked. My local GS got 12 more today.

Leave a comment:

• Twitch Boy
    replied

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Someone beat Cuphead from start to finish in 90 minutes... using 2 DDR pads as controllers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvO3MQ55PCw

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    WOW. That is well done animation.
    It is! Only played a couple levels to start, but wow, the little touches on each level.

And holy wah is this a tough game!! Not in the way that I want to through my controller through my TV when EA's NHL series tilts the ice and I lose a game, but in a "Jesus, I know I can do this," way where you lose track of time trying to get through each level. It takes a couple of deaths to figure out the pattern. Really reminds me of early platformers (which is what they wanted, especially Contra).

Leave a comment:

• Twitch Boy
    replied

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    I was on the fence about getting Cuphead even with the early rave reviews. Then I've read nothing but more great reviews. And as you said it *is* only $20. Might pick that one up today.

Also, holy crap is the Mini SNES awesome! Sure it's missing a bunch of potential games, but what a trip in the way back machine.
    Watching ProtonJon run it right now.

WOW. That is well done animation.

Leave a comment:

• Twitch Boy
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    It is unreal how difficult some of these games used to be.
    They had to be. They couldn't cram 100 hours of content onto those ROMs, so they had to make them Nintendo Hard to give them some sense of replay value (and keep the rentals rolling in at Blockbuster.)

Plus we were all used to arcade games which were specifically designed to suck quarters as efficiently as possible.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

It is unreal how difficult some of these games used to be.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

I was on the fence about getting Cuphead even with the early rave reviews. Then I've read nothing but more great reviews. And as you said it *is* only $20. Might pick that one up today.

Also, holy crap is the Mini SNES awesome! Sure it's missing a bunch of potential games, but what a trip in the way back machine.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied

Wow. Cuphead is excellent.

Great visuals and music. Just enough difficulty to require you to play well, not just sleepwalk thru levels.

And only $20.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X