This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

AGDQ is this week. Save the frames, kill the animals!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Kill has won at least twice in a row now. I'd like to see Save win this time, especially since it's a 100% race.

Any thoughts on the Switch? I feel like I'll get it somewhere down the road, almost entirely because of the teaser for Shin Megami Tensei V. Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest, and the new Zelda game don't hurt either. But that will not happen for ages, as Sony gets my Atlus-exclusive money first when I get a PS4 to play Persona 5 come April.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        * that, save the animals!

Been getting through my holiday stuff that I got.

Uncharted Collection: I already owned the originals but it's nice to have the collection and get to play through them again. But whoo boy is the first game rough, forgot how frustrating it is. Uncharted 2 is still one of the GOATs though.

Uncharted 4: Loved it. It's what is, hopefully, a fitting end to a great series. The stealth stuff was really refreshing.

Final Fantasy XV: I've just started it but it's certainly better than XIII. It's nice to be in a FF game and not be completely on the rails. However, I know I'm old, but I'd rather have a turn based combat system. The new system is fine and I understand why they to use it, I get it. Just wish I could get the ATB back...
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          * that, save the animals!

Been getting through my holiday stuff that I got.

Uncharted Collection: I already owned the originals but it's nice to have the collection and get to play through them again. But whoo boy is the first game rough, forgot how frustrating it is. Uncharted 2 is still one of the GOATs though.

Uncharted 4: Loved it. It's what is, hopefully, a fitting end to a great series. The stealth stuff was really refreshing.

Final Fantasy XV: I've just started it but it's certainly better than XIII. It's nice to be in a FF game and not be completely on the rails. However, I know I'm old, but I'd rather have a turn based combat system. The new system is fine and I understand why they to use it, I get it. Just wish I could get the ATB back...
          They're re-releasing Dragon Quest 8 for 3DS on Friday if you need turn based RPG
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Pokemon Bank and Transporter has been updated to Sun/Moon compatible.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Found an NES Classic in stock at Gamestop yesterday. Nabbed that for me, not for ebay.
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                Found an NES Classic in stock at Gamestop yesterday. Nabbed that for me, not for ebay.
                How's the display on an HDTV? IIRC, Nintendo said that they upgraded the graphics a little to account for how new TVs work vs. the old tubes.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  I hate you
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    How's the display on an HDTV? IIRC, Nintendo said that they upgraded the graphics a little to account for how new TVs work vs. the old tubes.
                    They offer 3 displays. The old CRT, a pixel perfect mode that fills in the missing CRT rows, and a 4:3 mode.

So it does look better.
                    Last edited by JF_Gophers; 01-27-2017, 07:07 AM.
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Nothing interesting until Mass Effect at the end of March it seems.

Playing a bit of Fate/Extella and Digimon World: Next Order until then.
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Bought the kids a PS4. The graphics for Battlefield 1 are so gorgeous I may have to give up my self-imposed exile (going on about 1 year now) of not playing games and least perform the campaign. Just wow.

Comment

Merry Switchmas everyone!

Might wait a bit for the rush/inevitable system kinks to die down and pick one up, if only for online Mario Kart and Splatoon. Breath of the Wild looks glorious too.
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                            Merry Switchmas everyone!

Might wait a bit for the rush/inevitable system kinks to die down and pick one up, if only for online Mario Kart and Splatoon. Breath of the Wild looks glorious too.
                            I bought a used Wii U last year, and ordered Breath of the Wild which should be sitting at my doorstep/mailbox as I type.

If you weren't one of the people quick on the trigger to pre-order it, the Switch is just going to be too difficult to find in stores for a while. I figure they'll be easier to find come April or May, and I can wait.

ETA: Also with Zelda, my coworker was telling me that you can find some advanced weapons early on in the game if you just wander around a bit rather than going straight for your first mission. It's supposed to be open world after the tutorial portion, so I assume they mean once you get to Hyrule Field.
                            Last edited by St. Clown; 03-03-2017, 04:16 PM.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              If you weren't one of the people quick on the trigger to pre-order it, the Switch is just going to be too difficult to find in stores for a while. I figure they'll be easier to find come April or May, and I can wait.
                              That's my thinking too - wait for a few more titles to hit the market and see how it holds up. Plus you always want to avoid the first batch of systems because of the inevitable technical problems. I've seen a few posts on Reddit about running hot and bluescreening.
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

My son is Jonesing for Battlefront 3 even though we just got Battlefield 1 on the PS4 and he adores the game. Any thoughts? I know they're different games but a similar genre right?

Comment

Working...
                                X