replied
    Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

It's Pokemon eve!

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied

https://youtu.be/XmF_Mrsy8AQ

Pretty Good Gaming sums up the Battlefront II issues.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I wish I were rich enough to drop an estimated $400 per hero and get them all.
    He's a professional streamer so 1) he has the money 2) he can probably write it off as a business investment

No, I'm not kidding.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

I haven’t bought an EA game since the last NCAA Football game.

Man, I forgot how many great games Bioware releases over the years.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied

I'll never forgive EA for ruining Bioware, so they've been dead to me for awhile.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    From what I understand it doesn't even matter. If you've unlocked Vader and there's already someone in your lobby playing Vader you won't be able to play him until someone kills him - which is nearly impossible.

There's a YouTube video from a guy who bought tons of loot boxes and unlocked every hero/villain in the game. He estimates that he will be virtually unstoppable in the game for months, probably even longer.
    I wish I were rich enough to drop an estimated $400 per hero and get them all.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied

In happier news. Demon Gaze 2 releases today. 1st jrpg dungeon crawler on PS4 (previously just Vita).

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post
    They also cut the earnings during gameplay 75%, so it's a wash.
    From what I understand it doesn't even matter. If you've unlocked Vader and there's already someone in your lobby playing Vader you won't be able to play him until someone kills him - which is nearly impossible.

There's a YouTube video from a guy who bought tons of loot boxes and unlocked every hero/villain in the game. He estimates that he will be virtually unstoppable in the game for months, probably even longer.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    EA has always been horrible, so we probably wont see that. Plus they just dropped the cost of those characters by 75%.
    They also cut the earnings during gameplay 75%, so it's a wash.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Cost was dropped but so were accrual rates for credits.

Edit: I’m not sure why I care. I wasn’t going to buy it and had no interest. I guess I like seeing EA feel pain. Horrible company.
    I was going to buy it but all this stuff is making me hold off. Maybe when the price drops when TLJ is released. Problem is the single-player campaign is Canon and likely to be relevant to the saga trilogies. I might just watch the cut scenes when Alex posts them on his Star Wars Explained channel.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Cost was dropped but so were accrual rates for credits.

Edit: I’m not sure why I care. I wasn’t going to buy it and had no interest. I guess I like seeing EA feel pain. Horrible company.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    I'm starting a pool for the first website to churn out a "Millennials are killing video games" screed when the sales on this go in the dumper.
    EA has always been horrible, so we probably wont see that. Plus they just dropped the cost of those characters by 75%.

Leave a comment:

• Twitch Boy
    replied

I'm starting a pool for the first website to churn out a "Millennials are killing video games" screed when the sales on this go in the dumper.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    You must have a real sense of pride and accomplishment for posting that link!
    It only took me five and a half years to earn enough credits to post.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    At the time of this post, it was at -465,000. The previous record was held by some moron who wanted to get the most downvoted post or something like that. He only got -24,000 votes.
    Here's the EA post:
    https://np.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBatt...ocked/dppum98/
    You must have a real sense of pride and accomplishment for posting that link!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X