Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

I picked blue. I hope we can switch appearance and team later.

One server. Lol. That's almost unbelievable. Did they not learn anything from Tapped Out?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Now there's a glitch where the last Pokemon defending a gym gets stuck at 1 HP and won't end the battle.

Good Lord. Not even GTA Online was this bad.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

So it seems Pokestops are at places like parks and churches. There was one next to my daughters soccer field and one in the park behind my apartment building. Thing is they update every 5 minutes. So every 5 minutes I can walk behind my apartment and get 3-4 pokeballs and an egg.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          So it seems Pokestops are at places like parks and churches. There was one next to my daughters soccer field and one in the park behind my apartment building. Thing is they update every 5 minutes. So every 5 minutes I can walk behind my apartment and get 3-4 pokeballs and an egg.
          Yup. I play Ingress (the company's other game which runs off the same idea) and they're all the same locations.

Public buildings, post offices, fire stations, libraries, churches, murals, art installations, etc.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

My life is in shambles. I'm not starting pokemon go over with a Google account. So they better get to fixing pokemon trainer club logins.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

You know, I'll put my geek cred up against almost anyone's (built my own gaming rig, play an MMO, watch anime, sci-fi, etc.), but you guys are speaking Greek to me..

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                You know, I'll put my geek cred up against almost anyone's (built my own gaming rig, play an MMO, watch anime, sci-fi, etc.), but you guys are speaking Greek to me..
                No worries... guys like you and me, we're just an "Old School" kind of Geek. You know, "Classics"! This neuvo-Geek stuff is just too much for us old-schoolers.
                And no, not saying you're old either! Remember, it's not the age... it's the mileage!!

I do have a story to post on this whole Pokeman topic I heard from my kids, but I have to clarify some information first so I know just what the heck I'm talking about! Stay tuned...

~TTF
                Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 07-08-2016, 11:40 AM.
                Dave
                RIT - '90

Comment

Just played for an hour at the park. Servers seem to be stabilizing a bit.

Comment

Driving around town, at least half the people I saw out walking looked like they were playing.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                      Driving around town, at least half the people I saw out walking looked like they were playing.
                      That's the neat part. You don't have to screen peek like you do with Ingress. You can just tell. I keep running into groups of 4-5 people playing.

Comment

Pokémon Go now has more users than Tinder and is neck and neck with Twitter.

Nintendo's stock price is up 25 percent since Friday, and they've gained $7.5 billion in valuation. Billion. From this game alone.

And keep in mind this game hasn't even launched in Europe/Asia yet due to the server issues.
                        Last edited by Twitch Boy; 07-11-2016, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Nintendo is having something of a big month this July. They've announced that they're released the Nintendo Classic Mini, which comes stocked with 30 games from the original system. It'll be priced at $60, but it will only include one controller.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            Nintendo is having something of a big month this July. They've announced that they're released the Nintendo Classic Mini, which comes stocked with 30 games from the original system. It'll be priced at $60, but it will only include one controller.
                            I looked at the game list, and i cant really find a bad game on it. Also, its standalone and has no way to connect to the internet. So the 30 games are all there will be ever for it. But i may get one in November.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                              I looked at the game list, and i cant really find a bad game on it. Also, its standalone and has no way to connect to the internet. So the 30 games are all there will be ever for it. But i may get one in November.
                              I remember Super Mario Bros. alone cost $60 when it was released in 85 or 86. Now it's $60 for 30 games. More importantly, they're 30 games where game play was the main goal, not simply a piece of eye candy.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                I remember Super Mario Bros. alone cost $60 when it was released in 85 or 86. Now it's $60 for 30 games. More importantly, they're 30 games where game play was the main goal, not simply a piece of eye candy.
                                I don't remember NES games being $60. Pretty sure SMB3 was only $44.99 or $49.99 as MSRP when it came out in 1990.

Super Nintendo games crept up, with Donkey Kong Country retailing for $59.99. Since then games have hovered at the $50 to $60 mark.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X