Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

The Simpsons Tapped Out distributed its annual Halloween update today. I'm waiting for my characters to finish their tasks I assigned this morning before I can actually get into starting the storyline.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Just pick them up and inventory them.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Beat the 16 chapter main story of Disgaea 5 just in time for the arrival of Dragon Quest Heroes.

I think I have till Fallout 4 to beat that game.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Every time I see this thread pop up, I cross my fingers and hope for a No Man's Sky release date.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Guitar Hero Live is an interesting change to the rhythm game genre.

The two biggest changes. A) A different guitar button layout of two rows of 3 side-by-side instead of 1 row of 5. B) No add-on songs to buy! At least not as of now. The 3rd change that is just cosmetic, is that the game is all live-action people and crowds. Not animations.

The guitar button layout takes awhile to get used to. Even though I haven't played a GH game in a few years. I naturally was still looking for a 4th and 5th button.

The "story mode" of game (called Live) has a bunch of venues and songs to play just like previous versions. The other mode called GHTV gives you access to even more songs to play and two (currently) 24-hr music video channels that you can play songs from on a jump-in/out basis. Right now it looks like the music changes up a bit every 30 or 60 minutes on the two channels. Channel 1 was Rock and channel 2 was more pop songs when I was playing. For example, I played "Epic", and "Cherry Pie" among a couple other songs. It was neat to see the videos again after all these years.

You can play the streaming video channels as much as you want for free, and you earn coins, xp, levels, and plays. The plays can be used to play any specific song from the GHTV library on-demand. Obviously the Store will let you pay-for-plays and other premiums, but its nice that you don't have to.

The biggest bonus, no clutter in the Playstation store (in my case) of 100s of songs to have to scroll through and figure out what I want. Currently Rock Band is clogging up the add-on section of the store, and its annoying.
            Last edited by JF_Gophers; 10-20-2015, 05:01 PM.
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

They're doing a stream of Bob Ross on Twitch. It is fantastic.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                They're doing a stream of Bob Ross on Twitch. It is fantastic.
                VAC ban Bob Ross.
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Bought and pre-loaded my copy of Fallout 4 (pc) in anticipation of Tuesday.

20% off voucher made for a nice discount (12 off the game and 5 off the pass).
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

I got a couple hours in with Fallout 4 last night. My wife got it for PS4 and i got it for PC. I am predisposed to like Bethesda games, so no surprise that I am enjoying it. If I had to describe it, I would say its "Skyrim with guns". They have basically taken all of the mechanics from the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series and packed them in to a single game.

I'm glad I ignored all of the internet chatter about bugs, graphics, fps, etc. Because I had a very smooth experience on PC, and my wife didn't notice any issues (yet) on PS4. That said, my PC was built to handle high-end games. My CPU is the only thing that would need upgrading as its from 2011, yet it has performed great on Ultra/High settings.

Incomplete Feature List:
                    - Weapon/Armor modding
                    - Scrapping of items for raw materials
                    - Home/Town building
                    - Defense building
                    - Hacking, V.A.T.S., Perks, etc. from Fallout series
                    - No weapon/armor degrading (except for power armor)
                    - Assigning of townspeople to jobs (defense, garden, trading, etc.)
                    - Companions, including option to romance some of them
                    - Areas that are essentially dungeons. Not sure what else to call them.

Stats for PC nerds: Intel i7-2600 3.4ghz CPU, NVIDIA GTX 980 3GB, 16GB RAM, Win 7 Ultimate
                    Last edited by JF_Gophers; 11-11-2015, 08:12 AM.
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

My Black Friday/Cyber Monday purchases for video games were limited. But I did get Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY and Dying Light. Both for PC.
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Wife picked up Fallout 4 this weekend. Neither of us have played any of the fallout series, but she heard really good reviews of it and wanted to give it a whirl. Not sure when I'll get a chance to give it a whirl.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Bought the kids Battlefirld Hardline for $18, and d@mn if I won't give it a whirl this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            Wife picked up Fallout 4 this weekend. Neither of us have played any of the fallout series, but she heard really good reviews of it and wanted to give it a whirl. Not sure when I'll get a chance to give it a whirl.
                            This is a good entry to start on since there is no level cap. So you don't have to be as careful with your perk choices as before. Although it would take to about level 221 or something to get all stats to 10 and perks maxed. So some thought is required.

Weapons and armor that you find will improve as you level up. For example the best Power Armor (X-01) won't appear until you are in the 30s somewhere. There is a full set at the top of the Court 35 building (unmarked location) if you wait till your level is high enough. Then you don't have to try to find a random partial set.
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Anyone who uses GOG.com and wants a free copy of Divine Divinity let me know and I can send you a redemption code for it. Good until Jan. 13th.
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Clash of Clans made system changes that took effect a few hours ago. Having your town hall destroyed during an attack no longer guarantees a 12-hour shield. That's something that would have been nice to know a day or so ahead of time so some of us could redesign our bases. My base has been attacked five times since I got into the office.

Also, for the Simpsons Tapped Out, with regards to the Christmas event, how in the world do you get gifts to give to your neighbors? Is it a timed distribution or an act taken that creates them?
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X