• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Because they’ve been producing so many games and anime in the “Compilation” that they can’t remember what the story is at this point.

That, and, I don’t if it’s a developer thing or a cultural thing, but there seems to be this block against just doing that. It seems that everything has to be big and new and flashy when all we really wanted was updated graphics and voice acting.
    I would think that Hollywood's track record with remakes lately is playing a part (apples and oranges I know). Doing the same with just those changes probably carries a huge stigma of risk.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Are you ****ing kidding me?

How do they **** this up so badly? Just copy/paste the script. Update the graphics. Make a $billion
    Because they’ve been producing so many games and anime in the “Compilation” that they can’t remember what the story is at this point.

That, and, I don’t if it’s a developer thing or a cultural thing, but there seems to be this block against just doing that. It seems that everything has to be big and new and flashy when all we really wanted was updated graphics and voice acting.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

It’s split into multiple chapters.

If it was under a different name, with a different story, it would be alright. Instead it’s a FF7 Remake and it’s a mess. I knew it was going to be like this and I’m still disappointed.

Maybe I’m just an old millennial but I don’t understand why people think turn based RPG’s don’t work in the modern gaming world, heck the South Park games prove they still do.
    Are you ****ing kidding me?

How do they **** this up so badly? Just copy/paste the script. Update the graphics. Make a $billion

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Wut

Also, what the **** is a first game? And why do I immediately hate it?
    It’s split into multiple chapters.

If it was under a different name, with a different story, it would be alright. Instead it’s a FF7 Remake and it’s a mess. I knew it was going to be like this and I’m still disappointed.

Maybe I’m just an old millennial but I don’t understand why people think turn based RPG’s don’t work in the modern gaming world, heck the South Park games prove they still do.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    The entire "first game" coming out this month is Midgar only and they think it'll take 40ish hours. It's a completely different game with nostalgic names and characters
    Wut

Also, what the **** is a first game? And why do I immediately hate it?

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied

Ayfkm?
    The entire "first game" coming out this month is Midgar only and they think it'll take 40ish hours. It's a completely different game with nostalgic names and characters

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

I started working through my backlog of XBox One games. Fired up Shadow of the Tomb Raider. The visuals are stunning. There was an option for better frame rate or higher resolution, I tried both and faster frame rate made the game feel like a movie that I can control.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Played the Final Fantasy VII Remake demo.

It’s now a button masher ala FFXV and they’ve retconned the story.

Wonderful.
    Ayfkm?

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

Played the Final Fantasy VII Remake demo.

It’s now a button masher ala FFXV and they’ve retconned the story.

Wonderful.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied

Added One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 to my quarantine play list. Fun musou style game.

Persona 5 Royal tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied

Nintendo patched out the item duplication glitch today from Animal Crossing. So no more easy money for you cheaters.

I've so far been playing the game as intended. No time travel, glitches, etc. Not that I'm against it.
    Last edited by JF_Gophers; 03-26-2020, 08:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied

Animal Crossing is so good!

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Youngest was playing a new game over the weekend. Looked like a new version of Battlefield, but turns out it was a new COD free release.

I haven't picked up a controller in about 4 years but I almost sat down and gave it a try.

Leave a comment:

• Transplanted Tiger Fan
    replied

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    This nationwide quarantine will be much more pleasant on Friday once Animal Crossing comes out.
    Maybe I will re-play "The Last of Us" story-mode to pass the time (and, ya know... prepare!)

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied

This nationwide quarantine will be much more pleasant on Friday once Animal Crossing comes out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X