Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014-2015 College Football Thread: A New Era Begins..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014-2015 College Football Thread: A New Era Begins..

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    Nope, Hammer is correct. Carr wanted to retire after the previous season but Michigan begged him to come back, and they wanted him back for another year after that too, which is part of the reason they were woefully under-prepared for their coaching search.
    Woefully unprepared? It's Michigan. All you had to do is say, "Michigan is hiring" and people would listen.

They got a good coach. They just ****ed him after they hired.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Woefully unprepared? It's Michigan. All you had to do is say, "Michigan is hiring" and people would listen.
      No, they ****ed up the search. Apparently the prior AD was out on his sailboat when one of the major candidates was trying to contact him (Les Miles, maybe?). You're in the middle of the coaching search and you think it's a good idea to go sailing. Think about that for a moment.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        No, they ****ed up the search. Apparently the prior AD was out on his sailboat when one of the major candidates was trying to contact him (Les Miles, maybe?). You're in the middle of the coaching search and you think it's a good idea to go sailing. Think about that for a moment.
        Here's what's really odd here (here as in Ann Arbor)- we were recently at an event that had a ton of big donors (holy cow- did we feel out of place). Along that was Martin. He was very well looked upon there. Even though, he screwed the pooch getting a coach that had massive ties and wanted to be here, all of these big donors loved him. Many of them also love Brandon.

For the big whigs, Martin and Brandon changed the focus to more of a money centric model- what most saw was focusing on advertising, and squeezing the most out of the ticket payers. What you don't see are the opportunities for those with money- instead of wating for good seats at events, they found ways to buy their way in. Both FB and BB asked for licenses- which was done at other places, but the result of it was it forced many long time ticket holders to both move and even drop getting tickes. Next- rennovations at the Big House, Crisler, and Yost- ALL of them pretended to make things neat and more fan centric- but the big change were the boxes. Now you can just pay money and sit in a premium spot, have food delivered to you, etc. From taking years to move around the stadium, now you could buy your way into the seats.

So the high end donors really liked Martin and Brandon.

That money first theme has been hanging over the University for some time- and if all teams were really successful, it would be ignored. But it more seems to be a source of the problem where the people running the show took their eye off the point. My wife actually put it well this morning- the money should be the icing on the cake. In our case, the money WAS the cake. This isn't a for profit program, and there are no shareholders to make happy- you have to make students, alumni, and fans happy.

Not everything Dave has done has been bad- heck a TON of things he's done has been really good. The new AD really needs to take a close look at the money tone and the good/bad part- there's no need for a massive overhall. Scale it back so that the focus isn't so much on money. The department can still opreate in the black- it's just that the focus needs to be off the paper green things and more on the green fields (or blue for the field hockey), the brown wood floor, the bright white ice, and the blue water.

Comment

Maryland refused to shake hands with Penn State for the coin toss.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Maryland should have refused those helmets.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I really wish they would start calling Helping The Runner. A Duke lineman literally just grabbed his running back and carried him another five yards.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

PJ Fleck and Western Michigan are bowl eligible. They have a true freshman RB with 1330 yards and 22 touchdowns.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

holgorson not using any of his timeouts in the final minute here

Comment

wvu also played not to lose on their final offensive possession

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      wvu also played not to lose on their final offensive possession
                      Kirk Ferentz agrees with his decision.

Well, today I saw the Iowa team I thought I'd see all year. Time to keep that pig.
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Oh, Bert.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

UCLA has the some of the best jerseys in college football, so Adidas naturally changed them to look like ***.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            UCLA has the some of the best jerseys in college football, so Adidas naturally changed them to look like ***.
                            My wife said they look like Eyore.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Week 10 Results
                              dxmnkd316 9-1
                              ShirtlessBob 8-2
                              MavHockey14 8-2
                              Spartanforlife4 7-3
                              CriticalThinker ---

Season Standings (Total Correct Picks)
                              1. MavHockey14 67-33
                              2. dxmnkd316 59-31
                              3. ShirtlessBob 57-33
                              4. CriticalThinker 53-37
                              5. Spartanforlife4 52-38
                              AF 99

Comment

Week 11 Pick 'Em

Saturday November 8th
                                Iowa at Minnesota
                                12 Baylor at 15 Oklahoma
                                10 Notre Dame at 9 Arizona State
                                Michigan at Northwestern
                                18 UCLA at Washington
                                Louisville at Boston College
                                7 Kansas State at 6 TCU
                                14 Ohio State at 8 Michigan State
                                5 Alabama at 16 LSU
                                4 Oregon at 17 Utah
                                AF 99

Comment

Working...
                                X