Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014-2015 College Football Thread: A New Era Begins..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014-2015 College Football Thread: A New Era Begins..

Northwestern ruins the undefeated streak for the Big Ten.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

These FSU uniforms need to be burned.

Comment

That was a survival.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Melvin Gordon has like 2 carries in this half and one of those was for 63 yards.

Brilliant.

Comment

Full on bed ****ting mode. Man is Wisconsin's passing game bad. Put Stave in.
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Watching Wisconsin's QB is like watching Tate Forcier.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                Full on bed ****ting mode. Man is Wisconsin's passing game bad. Put Stave in.

Probably wouldn't help. No receivers whatsoever.

Game was lost by moron coordinators - offensive for not running Gordon with a 17 point lead and defense for playing nickel in obvious run situations and allowing LSU to run at will.

Brutal.

Comment

@ZachHeilprin: Gary Andersen said Melvin Gordon was fine. Doesn't know why he didn't carry the ball more than two times.

Pretty inexcusable for a coach to not take blame or accountability for this..

Wisconsin's wideouts and QB remind me of 2012 Iowa.. Horrific.
                  AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    A service academy winning big like that would be amazing.
                    Some quotes that sum up the Buckeye mindset:

Originally posted by Tim May of the Columbus Dispatch
                    Against Navy's triple-option offense and its oddly set-up, aggressive defense, it was always going to be an awkward season opener for Ohio State and its abundance of new starters.
                    Originally posted by Urban Meyer
                    (The plan was to) show great respect and then get out of Dodge fast.
                    Originally posted by Bob Baptist of the Columbus Dispatch
                    It wasn't exactly the government shutdown we were hoping for, but still a solid win against a worthy opponent.
                    FWIW.

Comment

• Re: 2014-2015 College Football Thread: A New Era Begins..

College football grid of shame. Pretty fun. B1G does quite well (no surprise) but even teams like Purdue come up as very 'admirable'. Let me know it this has been posted before:

http://online.wsj.com/news/interacti...18002691523946
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Tennessee with an impressive win yesterday.. Thought Chuckie Keaton would have a better day.
                        AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                          Tennessee with an impressive win yesterday.. Thought Chuckie Keaton would have a better day.
                          Definitely seems like addition by subtraction - Tennessee played 21 true freshmen (or first-year juco transfers) in the game. That's crazy. Doubt they'll be in the mix for SEC East just yet, but they might at least make it interesting for a change.
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                            Definitely seems like addition by subtraction - Tennessee played 21 true freshmen (or first-year juco transfers) in the game. That's crazy. Doubt they'll be in the mix for SEC East just yet, but they might at least make it interesting for a change.
                            I agree. I knew they'd be more athletic and physical on both sides of the ball but I didn't expect to see that leap as great yesterday. Hopefully they can make it interesting.
                            AF 99

Comment

Excited for Miami and Lousiville tonight. I'm interested in seeing a healthy Duke Johnson and intrigued by the QB play for both teams. It'll be interesting to see how Petrino's offense fares without Parker.
                              AF 99

Comment

This is how you get a coach fired.

http://deadspin.com/holy-cross-alban...wat-1629053335

tl;dr: Holy Cross up 13-7 in field goal range with a minute left, doesn't take a knee, runs it up the middle, RB is hit hard and fumbles, Albany takes it to the house, RB is taken off on a stretcher with a concussion, Albany kicks the PAT and wins.
                                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                                X