Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014-2015 College Football Thread: A New Era Begins..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014-2015 College Football Thread: A New Era Begins..

I don't know if mav has done a Pac 12 prediciton yet, but I'll throw mine in here and do my playoff predictions tomorrow.

North
    1. Stanford
    2. Oregon
    3. Washington
    4. Oregon State
    5. Wazzou
    6. Cal

South
    1. UCLA
    2. Arizona State
    3. USC
    4. Arizona
    5. Utah
    6. Colorado

Stanford over UCLA at Jeans Stadium.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Not sure if I've don't mine yet or not, so here we go..

My Pac-12 Predictions..

North
      1. Oregon
      2. Stanford
      3. Washington
      4. Oregon State
      5. Washington State
      6. California

South
      1. UCLA
      2. Arizona State
      3. Arizona
      4. USC
      5. Utah
      6. Colorado

I think the Pac-12 will be the deepest and best conference in the nation this year. I think Stanford will be the best team, I just don't see how they navigate their schedule better than Oregon does..I think USC will be good early, and their depth issues will catch up late. (Just a gut feeling, and I'm not sure how I feel about Sarkisian there.) I will say the Pac-12 was the toughest for me to pick.

UCLA over Oregon in the Pac-12 Title Game
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

My Playoff Predictions:

1. Florida State vs. 4. UCLA
        2. South Carolina vs. 3. Michigan State

UCLA over South Carolina in the National Championship Game.
        AF 99

Comment

Here's the story from USC Athletics
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
            Which is why with a pretty good team, very good along the line of scrimmage, I think Iowa could have a really special year. They need to stay healthy in the back seven defensively and up front on offense though, for that to happen.
            Special isn't the word I would use. Teams that are "special" wouldn't need an easy schedule to get things done. Not trying to come off the wrong way with this, just my $0.02.

I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest to see Iowa in the BTCG but they need help from Sconnie and Nebraska.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

TCF hasn't been friendly to the Hawkeyes until last year, but I don't see how the Gophers win unless Minnesota gets much better in the passing game and Iowa turns the ball over. Iowa should be better this year than last, particularly on the line of scrimmage and offensively as a whole. Iowa went to TCF Bank last year and absolutely manhandled the Gophers physically. Iowa out gained Minnesota by 300 yards on the road. Iowa's offensive line made people ask the question, did Hageman play? Being on the road, and likely the best chance for Minnesota to win a game down the stretch, it'll be a bloodbath physically and it'll probably be close for most of the game, but on paper, the Hawkeyes should probably win by 10 or 14 points.

Of course, with injuries, things can change in a hurry.
              That game against Iowa stands out as really the only black mark that season. You didn't play the gophers at their best. We absolutely **** the bed. Play that team three weeks later and it's a different game altogether.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

Here's the story from USC Athletics
                Still doesn't admit how he got hurt, though, so this should stay interesting.

Got to start thinking of signs.

University of
                Suspicious
                Coverstories
                Last edited by French Rage; 08-27-2014, 06:11 PM.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Hahahahahahahahhahahahaha

Or how about
                  unusually suspicious covers
                  Code:

Comment

Unbelievably stupid claims
                    Code:

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      Still doesn't admit how he got hurt, though, so this should stay interesting.

Got to start thinking of signs.

University of
                      Suspicious
                      Coverstories
                      Lennay Kekua broke his ankles.

Comment

Mighty Georgia State losing to FCS transitional Abilene Christian.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Quote of the day:

https://twitter.com/BennyG49/status/504777467488256000

Ben Gardner was one of the players injured during the Stanford-UW game last year, who ended up missing the rest of the season, which afterwards Sarkisian whining about players faking injuries because he was upset about losing.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            Mighty Georgia State losing to FCS transitional Abilene Christian.
                            1-12 for Georgia State since joining FBS..
                            Last edited by MavHockey14; 08-28-2014, 02:06 AM.
                            AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              That game against Iowa stands out as really the only black mark that season. You didn't play the gophers at their best. We absolutely **** the bed. Play that team three weeks later and it's a different game altogether.
                              So those next three weeks, while the Gophers were improving, the Hawkeyes weren't? It was a physical mismatch along the line of scrimmage, on both sides of the ball. The Gophers offense wasn't any less one-dimensional three weeks later, and they were still as healthy as when they played Iowa. Call it what you want, or however you want to make it feel better, but the Gophers were pushed all around the field for 60 minutes against Iowa.

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Special isn't the word I would use. Teams that are "special" wouldn't need an easy schedule to get things done. Not trying to come off the wrong way with this, just my $0.02.

I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest to see Iowa in the BTCG but they need help from Sconnie and Nebraska.
                              I'd call an 11-2 season with a trip to the B1G Title game and one of the big six bowls a special season..or winning the B1G title at 12-1 and going to a big six bowl would be a special season..Is it likely? No. Do I think it will happen? No. If they stay healthy though, with their schedule, they could legitimately be 10-0 heading into their final two games with Wisconsin and Nebraska visiting Iowa City. We also know that in a one game scenario, anything can happen. (ie: Iowa winning the B1G title, which is even more unlikely.)
                              AF 99

Comment

1-12 for Georgia State since joining FBS..
                                They need to play UMass in the ""What were we thinking" Bowl
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X