No announcement yet.

New to College Hockey - Who to follow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to College Hockey - Who to follow?

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    20% more!

Nah, that 1 extra between 5 and 6 goes through a multiplier that anyone outside of the tri-state area can't fathom (or know the formula to) resulting in a percentage that is exponentially more than 20%.

I mean, the Minny Self-Loathing component alone is worth a couple hundred percentiles.

Oddly, the difference between 6 and 7 is almost insignificant.

Comment

I like the direction Minnesota State is headed..
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
        I like the direction Minnesota State is headed..
        Yup. Once Moorhead gets that team off the ground, they will be unstoppable.

Comment

An honest answer. Penn State

Am answer befitting this thread. Minnesota.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            Nah, that 1 extra between 5 and 6 goes through a multiplier that anyone outside of the tri-state area can't fathom (or know the formula to) resulting in a percentage that is exponentially more than 20%.

I mean, the Minny Self-Loathing component alone is worth a couple hundred percentiles.

Oddly, the difference between 6 and 7 is almost insignificant.
            Thankfully, only "almost."

But man, if I supported a team with only 5 I'd think about switching to Lacrosse.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              Thankfully, only "almost."

But man, if I supported a team with only 5 I'd think about switching to Lacrosse.
              Bettter odds: UM wins its 6th, or UW fans accomplish just one of the following: lose weight, sober up, learn to talk without shouting, learn the game of hockey.

It's good to see you're such a fan btw

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Bettter odds: UM wins its 6th, or UW fans accomplish just one of the following old tropes... blah, blah, blah...

I thought the Wolverines already had 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomchenko View Post
                  Hey everyone. Very new to hockey and even more so when it comes to College Hockey. Being from Australia I don't get to see much hockey on TV but the little I have watched has really made an impression. I've been to the US a few times, mainly Northeast(ME, NH, VT) and don't know what college teams to keep an eye on. I like supporting up and coming teams that are developing, rather then year in and year out stud programs. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Boom.
                  As you can see, passion and pride run rabid here.

Comment

Originally posted by priceless View Post
                    as you can see, disdain and snark run rabid here.

qft

Comment

Regardless, you don't want to be a fan of any of the teams represented by the posters in this silly argument.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Regardless, you don't want to be a fan of any of the teams represented by the posters in this silly argument.
                        Is anyone really arguing or just having fun with rivals? Isn't that part of the enjoyment of it all? Sorry, I'll only be super serious.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Well, if you're offended by fans, there's always Harvard.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Well, if you're offended by fans, there's always Harvard.
                            Alabama-Huntsville, too. Added bonus of being the southern most team, sort of like the guy starting this thread.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Is anyone really arguing or just having fun with rivals? Isn't that part of the enjoyment of it all? Sorry, I'll only be super serious.

Well that wasn't really my point. I was just trying to say: Word of advice, don't be a fan of UW, UM or UND.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

We probably need to know more about this guy before we can recommend a team...

For example...
                                Are you a racist, hostile and abusive drunken individual? If yes, North Dakota.
                                Do you get aroused when you see roadkill deer on the side of the road? If yes, Wisconsin.
                                Are you so arrogant that you can barely function in normal society? If yes, Minnesota.
                                Do you enjoy burning couches and snorting coke in your free time? If yes, Michigan State.
                                Do you constantly have the urge to tell people where you went to school? If yes, Michigan.
                                Are you a huge fan of professional wresting and have a meth lab in your crawl space? If yes, St. Cloud State.
                                Are you essentially a MN fan, but think popped collars are a "good look". If yes, Boston College.
                                Do you have social anxiety around women, and get drunk while playing dungeons and dragons? If yes, Michigan Tech.
                                Are you literally so high right now that you don't know what you're reading? If yes, Colorado College.

And so on...

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X