Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give Advice On Posts from The Grinding Gears Thread: Delicate Sensibilities be Dammed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Give Advice On Posts from The Grinding Gears Thread: Delicate Sensibilities be Da

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    My advice is to let people decide what they like to use as a sauce on their own. Making a hard and fast rule is just silly and may only be used by in-breds.
    St. Clown, this is not 'Nam. This is food. There are rules.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Re: Give Advice On Posts from The Grinding Gears Thread: Delicate Sensibilities be Da

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      St. Clown, this is not 'Nam. This is food. There are rules.
      One of the only food rules that I follow strictly is no sauces of any kind on a steak. If a steak needs a steak sauce or godforbid, Ketchup. Then that steak is not worth eating. Mushrooms, onions, herb/garlic butter, all are ok. A sauce out of a bottle, not ok.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        One of the only food rules that I follow strictly is no sauces of any kind on a steak. If a steak needs a steak sauce or godforbid, Ketchup. Then that steak is not worth eating. Mushrooms, onions, herb/garlic butter, all are ok. A sauce out of a bottle, not ok.
        Does bourbon count as a sauce? I had a rosemary bourbon steak that was amazing.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
          I don't know what bourbon is if not "sauce from a bottle."

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
            I don't know what bourbon is if not "sauce from a bottle."
            Fantastic line.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
              Was it just poured over the steak, like people do with A1?
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Was it just poured over the steak, like people do with A1?
                If it was done in that fashion, I think that person just might have a problem
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  If it was done in that fashion, I think that person just might have a problem
                  I would say that there is a difference between an ingredient and a sauce....

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Sauces with steaks are fine with me, if the eater uses the sauce to enhance the flavor, and not bathe the steak in it. A little dab'll do ya, IMO. Think of it as a condiment (like salt, pepper, herbs, spices) and not a topping (like ketchup on a hot dog).
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

kalina banana ketchup on everything.
                      (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

banetchup
                        (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

(where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

Working...
                          X