This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented movies: Here comes the movie to change all movies

South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut is on right now. Would you believe I didn't pick up on the title being a dick joke until about a month ago?
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

I watched Jennifer's Body finally last night. The movie I got incessantly ripped on about in the fall.

I liked it. It's exactly what I expected. A teenage horror movie with superior writing and plot. Loved the ending. Loved that it wasn't a vampire movie. Megan Fox can't act but Amanda Seyfried can.

Not sure even what the big rip session was about. It's a teenage horror flick.

Ebert liked it.
      Film critic Roger Ebert enjoyed the film, dubbing it a "Twilight for boys" and saying "as a movie about a flesh-eating cheerleader, it's better than it has to be".[38] He said that within Cody there is "the soul of an artist, and her screenplay brings to this material a certain edge, a kind of gleeful relish, that's uncompromising. This isn't your assembly-line teen horror thriller".[38] Additionally, he complimented Fox as "[coming] through" in her portrayal and "play[ing] the role straight".[38] He gave the film three out of four stars
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Watched The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus last night with tcbg. We both wish we'd seen it in theaters. It's visually stunning. While it's confusing initially (not particularly surprising for a Gilliam film), the plot unfolds itself reasonably well and by the end, I only had a few questions. The acting was excellent and you'd never have known that parts of the story had to be rewritten after Heath Ledger's death so that Jude Law, Johnny Depp and Colin Farrell could fill in. It actually works perfectly. Colin Farrell is perfect for his role and all the actors/actresses really were cast well. (I'm looking forward to seeing Lily Cole in Marilyn Manson's Phantasmagoria if it ever gets made.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I watched Jennifer's Body finally last night. The movie I got incessantly ripped on about in the fall.

I liked it. It's exactly what I expected. A teenage horror movie with superior writing and plot. Loved the ending. Loved that it wasn't a vampire movie. Megan Fox can't act but Amanda Seyfried can.

Not sure even what the big rip session was about. It's a teenage horror flick.

Ebert liked it.
          Jesus I dont even think Nathan liked it (or if he did he stayed rather quiet ) and he was the other guy who was looking forward to it since it was written by Diablo Cody.

BTW you were ripped because to actually want to see that movie you have to be a 12 year old girl. That is consistent though with your love of Lady GaGa
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

http://www.deadline.com/2010/05/del-...-wont-be-next/

I dont think this movie (and its unneeded sequel) will make it to the screen.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Jesus I dont even think Nathan liked it (or if he did he stayed rather quiet ) and he was the other guy who was looking forward to it since it was written by Diablo Cody.

BTW you were ripped because to actually want to see that movie you have to be a 12 year old girl. That is consistent though with your love of Lady GaGa
              I don't see how as it was Rated R.

It was kind of like watching a Scream or a Nightmare on Elm Street that tried to be more intelligent about the dialogue. Wasn't as good as it could have been but was worth the watch.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Saw the Vigo Ego vehicle The Road Friday. Inert, cliche, almost laughably terrible. Paint not drying.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Edge of Darkness - Mel Gibson

Felt like the author/director were trying for a remake of The Big Sleep without the love interest. Failed at that.

It was ok. But if I'm going to watch a cop movie I can't follow I'd rather watch Bogie and Bacall anyday over an aging Mel.

Comment

Marmaduke?

Really, Hollywood? That's what you've got for us?
                    Cornell University Men's Hockey
                    NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                      Marmaduke?

Really, Hollywood? That's what you've got for us?
                      Don't laugh ... the "new" Hawaii-50 is set for TV later this year.
                      "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Whats wrong with Lady GaGa?
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Whats wrong with Lady GaGa?
                          Nothing. It's just another dig at me.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Nothing. It's just another dig at me.
                            Another restraining order?
                            "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

I'm watching Raiders of the Lost Arc that I DVR'd off EPIX (fantastic movies on those two channels - EPIX and EPIX2, BTW), and realized that Indy had plenty of time to either wait on the boulder, or duck under it and let it pass him by...
                              Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                              B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                              CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                              ECAC:
                              HEA: UMass
                              NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                              Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                                I'm watching Raiders of the Lost Arc that I DVR'd off EPIX (fantastic movies on those two channels - EPIX and EPIX2, BTW), and realized that Indy had plenty of time to either wait on the boulder, or duck under it and let it pass him by...
                                Of course, it blocked the front entrance, and the door to the chasm with the open ceiling had already closed behind him, so if he had waited it out, he would've been stuck in there...

Comment

Working...
                                X